Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

LCWRA and UC

Options
Mrevertonone
Mrevertonone Community member Posts: 63 Connected
Hi Guys,
Ive read a few discussions on here regarding payment of LWCRA, and i think ive worked it out lol...i think our 1st payment should be Jan...ill put some dates in for you
1st reported health change 26th August...1st sick note sent in 26 August...Work Capability Assessment sent in 17th September...29th October awarded LCWRA...so im thinking 1st payment is due Jan time?

Thank you in advance

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Depends on what dates of the month your UC assessment period covers.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Mrevertonone
    Options
    normally get paid on 16th of each month
  • calcotti
    Options
    So your AP is 10th to 9th of the month. You reported the health condition in August to September. The waiting period is September to December. LCWRA is payable for December to January payable for 16th January and onwards, as you correctly calculated.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • Mrevertonone
    Options
    Than you, i thought i had worked it out correct, i can see where people get confused as they think the 3 months start from when they put in their first sick note...and not 3 months from when you first sent in your work capability assssement form
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The waiting period starts when you reported your health condition provided you sent a fit note within 7 days of that. It also has to be 3 full assessment periods (AP)so if the health condition was reported in the middle of an AP then this doesn’t count.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Mrevertonone
    Options
    Hi Poppy, i thought i understood all this! Its a mind field... ill try and explain everything we normally get paid on the 16th of each month with the statement due on the 12th of each month...3rd July awarded PIP asked our work coach is there anything we could claim for and he said about the work capability assessment and to provide a sick note..26th July we report a health change...26th July fit note added...23rd August provide fit note completed by agent...17th September saying work capability assessment questionaire will be sent out...23rd September provide fit completed by agent...28th October declare fit completed by us...29th October please read letter about LWCRA awarded...29th October accept your commitments completed by us...31st October provide fit note completed by agent... so i thought it was 3 months from when they issued the LCWRA letter of award...or am i wrong and the 3 months start from when we first sent in a sick note? my head is frazzled...so when should we expect the first payment please Poppy, and thank you for all your help
  • calcotti
    edited October 2022
    Options
    In your opening post you said that you reported your health condition on 26th August. Your latest post says 26th July. Which is it! I now assume it is July. My initial reply, based on your opening post, was based on August.

When they asked you on 23rd August for Fit Note was that because your first one was running out? Did you then supply a Fit Note continuous with the previous one?
    Than you, i thought i had worked it out correct, i can see where people get confused as they think the 3 months start from when they put in their first sick note...and not 3 months from when you first sent in your work capability assssement form
    The basic rule is you are entitled for the fourth complete period after you first report the condition - provided you provide continuous Fit Notes. The date the assessment form is completed is not relevant. 
  • Mrevertonone
    Options
    Hi calcotti, 
    sorry my mistake...too many dates!! sorry it was July and the fit notes have been one after each other with no missed days...i hope that explains it better and sorry again...every time we got a reminder for a new fit note we supplied one
  • Mrevertonone
    Options
    Hi calcotti, 
    It was 26th July that we supplied the first fit note, and since then it has been every month and not missed a single day, does that make a difference to when the first payment is due? sorry again for the confussion, they dont make things very easy for people

• Mrevertonone
    Options
    just to say the fit note started on the 21st July and they accepted it on the 26th July and we have provided one every month since then, and we are paid on the 16th normally
  • calcotti
    Options
    Therefore it’s one month earlier than I previously advised (based on you supplying the wrong date for when you reported the health condition). It is now as follows.

your AP is 10th to 9th of the month. You reported the health condition in July to August. The waiting period is August to November. LCWRA is payable for November to December payable for 16th December and onwards.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.