If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Bowel issues sorry

Options
Hi to all

I went out this morning on the bus to go shopping when I got their I thought I need the loo so went 🙃 and my bowel erupted messed loo up my clothes everything toilet wouldn't even flush)
Washed my hands ✋️ and heard the toilet cleaner say who's been in their so I said sorry it was me I have a bowel condition it was like she was saying I did it on periods I have no bowel control) she said she would sort it I am really annoyed if they had done my colostomy sooner I wouldn't be in this embarrassing mess.

Had to go home and get cleaned up
What can I do to get my operation done quicker.

Sparklebright63

Comments

• Biblioklept
    Biblioklept Community member Posts: 4,726 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Have they given you a date for your operation? 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,504 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear that happened @Sparklebright63, as I can imagine it was really unpleasant. 

Have you updated your doctor on how your bowel problems are affecting you? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Sign our petition calling on politicians to stop demonising us
  • Sparklebright63
    Sparklebright63 Scope Member Posts: 182 Courageous
    Options
    Hi to all

Thankyou for your messages no I don't have a radar key where do I get one from.
    I wasn't expecting to have an accident until it happened I don't get any warning so horrible.
    When I go to the doctors next week I will be having words.

Sparklebright63.
  • Sparklebright63
    Options
    Hi to all,

I have emailed my mp and they R looking into if I can have my operation earlier phoning me in December to let me know if I can have it done earlier.

Sparklebright63.
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi to all,

I have emailed my mp and they R looking into if I can have my operation earlier phoning me in December to let me know if I can have it done earlier.

Sparklebright63.
    Hello @Sparklebright63

I hope you are feeling ok today?

I have IBD too and had ileostomy surgery earlier this year. Have you had your pre-op appointment / assessment yet? A piece of advice I can add on here, is to contact your surgeon's secretary and ask to be put on the cancellation list, if they have one. That is, of course, if you are able to go in at short notice.
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Sparklebright63
    Options
    Hi there Hannah,

They R phoning me the 12th of dececember to let me know what happening need heart issue sorting first I am having an angiogram done ASAP.
    No ive not had my Pre assesment done yet

Sparklebright63
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there Hannah,

They R phoning me the 12th of dececember to let me know what happening need heart issue sorting first I am having an angiogram done ASAP.
    No ive not had my Pre assesment done yet

Sparklebright63
    Hi @Sparklebright63

Will be keeping my fingers crossed for you on the 12th that they are able to give you more information / hopefully a date! 🤞 and then once the heart issue is sorted, you can get a date for your operation :) 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.