Hi, my name is MartinLanterneRouge! Is the Dublin Castle in Camden accessible? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is MartinLanterneRouge! Is the Dublin Castle in Camden accessible?

Options
MartinLanterneRouge
MartinLanterneRouge Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi, I live in manchester, I'm planning a trip to London. Does anyone know if the Dublin Castle in Camden has accessibility? Nothing on trip advisor or their website...
Tagged:

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,496 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @MartinLanterneRouge :) 

I've found the following information, though I realise it's not very in depth!
    Not step free – live music venue down a number of stairs

No disabled toilet

Camden Rocks Festival
    Overview
    Despite calling ahead to check access I didn't make it through the door.

Transport & Parking
    Camden is on a number of accessible bus routes and London Overground. Underground station is not step free.

Access
    Venue has one step in, and two large steps inside to get to the stage area. Staff assured me a ramp was available when I checked access beforehand, but they couldn't find it when I arrived.

Toilets
    All toilets in the basement. No step free access.

Staff
    Very friendly and apologetic, but ultimately unhelpful.

Euan's Guide
    Do you mind me asking a little more about what access needs you have?

Have you tried contacting them directly to see whether the venue will/could be accessible to you?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • elahrairah
    elahrairah Scope Member Posts: 49 Courageous
    Options
    its been a long time since i've been there, so they might have changed, but really it depends on what your needs are - euan's guide sums it up quite well, if you're in a wheelchair you're out of luck, unless you don't need to go  pee! 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.