Adult autism assessment can anyone HELP!!! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Adult autism assessment can anyone HELP!!!

Options
Chris210490
Chris210490 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
edited November 2022 in Autism and neurodiversity
Can anyone help I’ve recently had an autism assessment however the assessor said I was autistic but as my parent did want to give much information and is against the diognosis I’ve been left without a formal diognosis which has left me with only one option which is private which I can’t afford because of cost can anyone help with options to get a formal diognosis as this would obviously change my life and give me a better quality of life 

Comments

• euro
    euro Community member Posts: 73 Courageous
    Options
    Hi Chris.  If you don’t mind me asking, how ild are you? 
  • euro
    euro Community member Posts: 73 Courageous
    Options
    * old - I ask, because I am sure your wishes are more important than your parents' if you have the mental capacity to make an informed choice and it sounds to me that you are.
  • Chris210490
    Options
    I’m 32 but because of my dads answers and basically lying that rewind my assessments with lads and now don’t know how to get a full diognosis or which way to turn because the only option is private which is well out of my reach
  • Chris210490
    Options
    I’m just asking anyone that might able to help me with what directions there are to be able to get a formal diagnosis as lads is now out of the question and I physically can’t afford to go private as the cost is so high and they want all the money upfront without any other ways of paying
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,496 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That sounds like a really difficult situation @Chris210490 :( 

Have you explained to LADS that your dad is against the diagnosis, and that his account might not be reliable? 

Do you have any school reports that could be used to show what you were like as a child? Or a friend or different family member who'd be open to telling their account?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Chris210490
    Options
    I’ve explained this all to LADS but they weren’t unstressed and didn’t understand that my family are against it I’ve found an option today that I am exploring which is getting a diagnosis through a new physiatrist so hopefully this will be successful 
  • Tori_Scope
    Options
    That sounds promising @Chris210490 :) Let us know how you get on!

I hope that you're feeling okay about it all? It sounds really upsetting.

• Chris210490
    Options
    Il keep you updated but yeah let’s see what happens with it and yeah I’m feeling better now it looks like I’m getting somewhere but I just felt stuck at one point not knowing which way to turn so will see what happens now and hopefully I can get the result which I’m wanting and needing 
  • Tori_Scope
    Options
    That makes sense @Chris210490 :) It can be really frustrating when we feel stuck in a situation, but hopefully things are on the right path again for you now! Definitely do keep us updated where you can.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.