Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Hi, my name is Ryoung! And im having trouble with the dwp/seetec pluss

Options
Ryoung
Ryoung Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited November 2022 in Universal Credit (UC)
Hi there, i have been on universal credit since august 2019 and have never done a wca however the job center are saying that not only did i do one but that im fit for work, however i did not do any assessment, they are also trying to force me to look for work despite being signed off sick (open ended fit note no date to return to work on it) for the long term, i have been told that i 'was' able to contest it and i did try (my challenge was stopped due to covid), is there anyway to trigger an assessment to actually take place, also i was placed on the restart work scheme with an 'advisor' (im loathe to call them that, more lile a bullying, harrasing jobswortg with nothing better to do) that does not do anything other than send me harrasing phone calls and txt messages and offers no support for anything. Is there anything i can do about them? My mental health (undiagnosed eupd, pschopathy, adhd and autism) has suffered needlessly throughoit the entire ordeal! 

Comments

• Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @Ryoung

Welcome to our community. I'm sorry you are joining us going through such a tough situation. I've moved your post to our Universal Credit section of the forum, in the hopes some of our lovely community members will be able to support you further. But, like Ada said, please join us in other areas, we like to play games in the Coffee Lounge and talk about our interests. It would be lovely to get to know you :)

One piece of advice I can suggest is to make an appointment with your GP (if you haven't already). Not only could they hopefully help with the undiagnosed part of your situation, but they can be of help to you with your claim. 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.