Hi, my name is jly! Any other parents still waiting for their children's diagnosis? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is jly! Any other parents still waiting for their children's diagnosis?

Options
jly
jly Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi am new to this in the liverpool area , my daughter is on the waiting list for adhd and autismn .I’ve been told it’s a 50 week plus wait for a diagnosis .Am finding it stressful as my daughter is very hypo of a night putting her to bed .Any advice please thanks .my doctors can’t give any medications as there’s no diagnoses,is there any mums /dads still waiting on there Children .i am a single mum aswell .

Comments

• SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Good morning @jly welcome to our great group, if you look under categories you will find the family group, hopefully you'l get some answers and support, just out of interest how old is your daughter ?
  • jly
    Options
    Hi my daughter is 5 
  • SueHeath
    Options
    Bless you @jly it's hard enough getting a 5yr old to bed i know with my own Grand children.
    My nephew, who's 19 now had the same problems with sleep, i know what your saying about the sedative. 
    Have you tried the normal stuff like reading to her or the light theropy, my nephew had different coloured lights, like lava lamps to watch when he was in his bed to help him relax. Just an idea but look under categories and see what you can find i'm sure there's lots of mom's in the same boat.
  • SueHeath
    Options
    Hi @jly did you manage to have a look at family group darling ????
  • jly
    Options
    Hi yes thank you 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,493 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @jly :) Thank you for posting about this, as it's something that many parents go through. 

Waiting times for assessments can unfortunately be really long, and there's not always much support available for while you wait.

I'm wondering whether you might find it helpful to access one of our family services? One of our friendly advisers might be able to support you. 

Is your daughter in school?
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.