Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Hi, my name is James67!

Options
James67
James67 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi everyone, I am a 55 year old man, born in Cardiff, diagnosed as a baby and now living on the south coast of England. I have spastic diplegia affecting my legs and have had many surgeries to lengthen Achilles tendons, hamstrings and foot bone fusions to help keep me mobile. I think I generally have a positive outlook on life and have probably experienced the full range of emotions associated with living with a visible disability, including denial, sadness and anger. However, I genuinely love life and would like to help and support those living with CP in whatever way I can. No doubt many of you will also be able to offer me advice and I look forward to being an active member of the community. 

Comments

• SueHeath
    SueHeath Community member Posts: 12,420 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Good Morning @James67 welcome to our great, friendly group. Glad to have you join us, a few of us like to spend time in the virtual coffee lounge we have informal chats about any thing and a few games/arts going on. Were a great bunch of people all with our own different disabilities.
    When your ready have a look around the site, there is a lot to see, you can join in on any of the chats/debates or ask your own question. Any problems just ask, someone is bound to be online. Enjoy.
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @James67

Welcome to the community! :)

Hope you are well today? Have you had a chance to look around the forum yet? 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.