Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Perfect sitcom on Dave📺

Options
Leo_Aces
Leo_Aces Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 104 Courageous
edited November 2022 in Coffee lounge
Hi everybody,has anybody seen the new comedy sitcom Perfect on Dave? 

Set in Liverpool, Perfect follows three young disabled people who become unexpected friends when they meet on a half-cocked and pointless work preparation scheme. Together they navigate life, dating, and a system that seems designed to only benefit the people who run it. www.comedy.co.uk

At the moment there just one episode out which I watch this evening. I really enjoyed it and as somebody with Dyskinetic Cerebral Palsy who uses an electric chair, it was really cool to see somebody like me on TV. 

I recommend giving it a watch📺

♠️Community Volunteer Advisor ♠️

I’m a Speaker and Life Coach.

I have professional knowledge of Gender Identity & Sexuality  

I coach people with all abilities to guide them to realise their potential and feel empowered 

My background is Person Centred and Transactional therapy 

➡️Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.⬅️

Comments

• Leo_Aces
    Options
    Actually I think I was a bit late to the party, it may have come out in August… good one for #DisabilityAwarenessMonth though 

I coach people with all abilities to guide them to realise their potential and feel empowered 

➡️Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.⬅️

• Siwheels73
    Siwheels73 Scope Member Posts: 748 Pioneering
    Options
    A friend of mine from College wrote Perfect. He has CP and is a comedy genius.
  • Leo_Aces
    Options
    Wow @Siwheels73 that’s so cool 😁

• Siwheels73
    Siwheels73 Scope Member Posts: 748 Pioneering
    Options
    I could tell you a lot about Lawrence Clark, but won't!
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,561 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Thanks for sharing @Leo_Aces it sounds like a good watch! And it's a small world isn't it @Siwheels73 :)  
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.