PIP SECOND DECISION

Options
cazzie2022
cazzie2022 Community member Posts: 7 Listener
Hello my pip decision was awarded and back paid through appeal july this year yesterday I had an email saying a decision had been made and my case is on closed why would you get a decision a second time round it had already been awarded

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Championing
    Options
    Is the email from DWP or from HMCTS? Regardless, the only way to find out is to ring them. It may be an error.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • cazzie2022
    Options
    It is from HMCTS can’t understand why though as decided and closed months ago 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Championing
    Options
    It is from HMCTS can’t understand why though as decided and closed months ago 
    As I said, the only way to find out is to ring them. Alternatively, given that you have a decision, just ignore it.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • cazzie2022
    Options
    I have contacted them they say they asked for a statement of reasons in july but a new decision sent out 29 November however they have back paid all money owed and I am now in receipt of pip HMCTS is showing as closed and they say it is dormant
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,980 Championing
    Options
    This sounds frustrating @cazzie2022. However, really positive that they have back paid all money owed and you are now in receipt of PIP.

How are you feeling about everything at the moment? I hope things are well but please don't hesitate to let us know if you need any support with anything.

We are all here for you and listening to you. You don't have to face this, or anything else, alone if you don't want to.

Take care for now and we will look forward to, hopefully, hearing from you again soon  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.