Pain radio frequency denervation — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pain radio frequency denervation

Options
jo46
jo46 Community member Posts: 19 Connected
Hi can any body on here please tell me if there had the procedure of radio frequency denervation in lower back following a lumbar medical branch block test 

Comments

• L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @jo46. Thanks for reaching out to us.

I haven't had this procedure. I hope someone who has had this procedure will be able to respond to you soon. 

In the meantime, is there a particular reason you are interested in hearing about this? Just wondering how we can support you the most effectively  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • jo46
    Options
    Hi there thank you well it what I have been told will help I had medical branch block test which was positive but unfortunately the  anaestic  went into my nerve so was a very scary time and had left me bit traumatised was just looking for some reassurance x 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello there @jo46 thanks for explaining what happened, it does sound like a scary time. How are things now?

I'm afraid I haven't gone through anything similar, but were you offered any support with the recovery from your lumbar medical branch block test?

Have you been able to speak to anyone, like your GP, about the impact this has had on your mental health?
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • jo46
    Options
    No I haven’t I have the doc ring me tomorrow the consultant did ring me Monday as I think there were worried but I find it hard for any body really to listen take it in what your saying xx 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    How did the phonecall with the doctor go for you @jo46? Only if you wish to share more with us about this, of course. 

It is really important that you feel listened to. We are all here for you and listening to you if you would like to share more with us  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • jo46
    Options
    Not even had phone call yet hun Tuesday he ringing that’s a week later 🙈 just feel like no body really takes you seriously x 
  • L_Volunteer
    Options
    Oh no, sorry @jo46! Should have known better than think you would receive a call that quickly. 

Hopefully, your doctor will at least listen to you. You deserve to be taken seriously and receive what you need  <3

• Sinkingship
    Sinkingship Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    jo46 said:
    Hi can any body on here please tell me if there had the procedure of radio frequency denervation in lower back following a lumbar medical branch block test 
    Hello 
    I think you meant to say 'Medial' BB test ?  Maybe that will be better for others to help you with the question . TC ok

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.