LCWRA

emilyl1234
emilyl1234 Community member Posts: 14 Listener
Hi, I reported my health condition in September, I have had my assessment and outcome of LCWRA. Just wondering if I’d get back payment from when I put my sick notes in from September until now? And when would I get the back payment? 

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 60,584 Championing
    There’s a full 3 month assessment period waiting time and the extra money is paid from the 4th month after you reported your health condition, provided you sent a fit note within 7 days of that. It’s not paid at all during the waiting time.
    What date exactly did you report your health condition/ sent your first fit note and what date do you usually receive your money each month. 
    Based on the limited information you’ve give it will be either Jan or Feb 2023 for your first payment. 
  • emilyl1234
    emilyl1234 Community member Posts: 14 Listener
    I gave my first fit note 2nd September, I rang yesterday and they said to look at my next pay on the 16th from UC and it should be changed to the correct amount 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 60,584 Championing
    That means your waiting period will be Sept/Oct, Oct/Nov, Nov/Dec… LCWRA starts from assessment period 10th Dec to 9th Jan and first payment will be 16th January. No LCWRA element is owed. 
    I wouldn’t expect the call centre to know when it’s paid from because they have very little knowledge.