If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Petition for health related PIP, DLA, ESA, AA, etc

Options
Puja
Puja Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 104 Courageous
Please sign & share if able too thank you all
It’s definitely worth taking a minute signing ✍️ it especially if you or someone you know/look after is on or had issues with ESA or PIP etc 

End assessments and consider disability benefit claims on medical advice alone

My Pronouns are (She/Her & They/Them)

I have lived experience of ND conditions, chronic pain, mental health & well-being, PIP, ESA, employment and benefits. 

😊 Why not fundraise for SCOPE for free while you shop online 💜💛 🎅🏻 💷💸 🍯💻 📱🛒 🛍️ 📦 

SCOPE ebay shop (online)

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,140 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    No signature from me sorry. There’s another discussion related to this on here today. A GP’s knowledge of anyone’s medical condition is always very limited. They don’t spend any time with you to know how you prepare food/wash/dress/undress/engage with others etc etc. 
    If I relied on my GP then I would have never been awarded PIP, that’s quite a scary thought!! 
    With only 13,000 signatures I can’t see this getting anywhere either, the same as all other petitions related to benefits and assessments. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Puja
    Puja Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 104 Courageous
    Options
    I didn’t see a previous thread, I did search this petition?

see I thought it meant all evidence available and look more holistically at all medical records eg mental health, physical health, social care, etc where assesments may previously have been done etc but my gp knows me pretty well I'm very open with my difficulties with him/them and am on dosette boxes and have seen a dietician etc
    and have regular bloods and scans and various appointments with different depts and consultants so I guess its different for everyone and if you don’t then it would be harder based on medical evidence alone. 

I will try and find the thread you referred too but I think ADP in scotland is paper based?

But I don’t know if we’re allowed to discuss Scotland as SCOPE only covers England and Wales 
    but yeah I’m not sure how its been for them with their system now instead of PIP.

I would be interested on their stats compared to ours on how many people were awarded and rates, MR and tribunal etc 
    My Pronouns are (She/Her & They/Them)

I have lived experience of ND conditions, chronic pain, mental health & well-being, PIP, ESA, employment and benefits. 

😊 Why not fundraise for SCOPE for free while you shop online 💜💛 🎅🏻 💷💸 🍯💻 📱🛒 🛍️ 📦 

SCOPE ebay shop (online)
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,140 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Scope covers the whole country, not just England and Wales. We have members from Scotland and N.Ireland too. Scope have no rules against any discussion regarding Scotland. 
    Those claiming AA don’t usually have assessments and most people that claimed DLA didn’t either.
    ADP is still very new and only started in the summer I think so it’s unlikely there will be any stats for this at the moment. There’s only been a couple of members that have mentioned this. I can’t imagine anyone had even reached the stage of Tribunal yet. 
    A GP may know things in general about your health conditions but it’s very unlikely they will know how your conditions would affect you against the 12 PIP activities. 
    Medical evidence isn’t needed for a successful PIP award either,
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.