Remaining politically neutral during General Election 2024

Under guidance from the Electoral Commission and Charity Commission, it's important that Scope remains politically neutral during General Elections.

While we understand that this period will see many passionate discussions and do not want to discourage open discussion, we cannot allow discussions which are purely intended to influence voting.

As ever, please make sure that your comments remain respectful of other people's opinions and keep to our online community house rules.

Esa/holiday leaving pay

Options
MandyT
MandyT Community member Posts: 4 Listener
Hi I've been on the sick since September 2021 with my back. Had surgery in February but unfortunately I can't return to work. I resigned today and my manager told me they have to pay my outstanding holidays. I'm wondering this will affect my esa as I'm in a support group. Can anyone help me please?

Comments

• calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    No it will not.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • MandyT
    Options
    Thankyou for your help 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,506 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @mandyt :) I can see that calcotti has already been able to give you some advice on your situation, which I hope has helped.

How did your surgery go? I hope that you're recovering okay!
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Sign our petition calling on politicians to stop demonising us
  • MandyT
    Options
    Hi my surgery went well thankyou but unfortunately theres damaged discs in my back that can't be operated on so in alot of pain daily x
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Glad to hear your surgery went well @MandyT. Though, it sounds really difficult that there are damaged discs in your back that can't be operated on.

I can hear how this means you are in a lot of pain daily. Do you have any pain management or relief at the moment? 

Also, you are welcome for our help. It is the very least you deserve. Please don't hesitate to let us know if there's anything else we can do to help.

We are all here for you and listening to you. You don't have to face this, or anything else, alone if you don't want to.

Take care for now and we will look forward to, hopefully, hearing from you again soon  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • MandyT
    Options
    Thankyou so much, that's so kind of you x
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.