If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Pip assessment report

Options
emma2880
emma2880 Community member Posts: 20 Listener
Just wanted to come on to say that I received my pip assessment report today and it was actually a good one…for everyone expecting a bad experience, I am proof there is some good too! If the dwp decision makers go by what my written assessment says then I have a good chance of getting it 🥰 obviously they can go against it but I will cross that bridge when I come to it. I will say my anxiety was bad waiting for the report to come but I would have rather known either way 🤷🏻‍♀️ hope this helps someone. 

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,499 Championing
    Options
    Hi @emma2880 :) That sounds promising! I hope that the decision goes your way, and that you have a relaxing festive break. Do you have any plans?

National Campaigns Officer at Scope, she/her

• emma2880
    Options
    I just wanted to add after reading the report again that the assessor has actually added points when I said I didn’t have problem doing them (I said I could dress myself because I do but on bad days I don’t dress or bath…no hate please) the assessor has done this on two different parts where I have said I can do them. Has anyone heard of this before? She got the information from my mental health worker. @poppy123456 have u heard of this before?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,289 Championing
    Options
    Please don't tag me because i have notifications off. i may miss the tag and i don't want members thinking i'm being rude by not replying. If i see a question and i know the answer, i will try to help. If i don't know the answer i won't comment.
    This is a classic example of not fully understanding the PIP descriptors and what they may. The assessment process is there for them to gather more evidence to support your claim. If something stands out to them and they think you need help/support/assistance for an activity then they'll recommend points, even if you think you don't qualify for points in that activity.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • emma2880
    Options
    I’m sorry for tagging you ☹️ I won’t do it again and thankyou for your reply. I will just see what the decision maker says when they make the decision. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 57,289 Championing
    Options
    No problem. They usually go with the report but it has been known for them to go against it.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.