Hi, my name is minibelle71! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is minibelle71!

Options
minibelle71
minibelle71 Community member Posts: 17 Connected
I’m a young 46 yr old with 3 young children.  Widow & single for 3 years - Unfortunately after 2 surgeries on my back, last being spine fusion in 2014, I’m left with pain 24/7, on 75mcg Fentanyl patches, Gabapentin, anti depressants & suffer from anxiety.  Now pretty much a recluse with no real friends to speak of.  All drifted away now.  Left hip has been v painful since last surgery & my knees ache constantly, worse tenfold during colder months.  If it weren’t for my middle child who’s dad died when he was only 3 n half, I admit I wouldn’t be here anymore.  
Gayle  xx

Comments

• Alex
    Alex Posts: 1,305 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @minibelle71

Welcome to the community. It's great to have you here - I see you're already helping out on some of the other discussions, which is great!

You are welcome to chat to us any time, hope we can provide some company. If there's anything we can help with - let us know!

• minibelle71
    Options
    Thank you.. the internet has been a literal lifeline for me & without it I would be almost completely isolated which for mental health & physical disability as we know is very detrimental.  Fortunately I have a lot of experience with PIP..  i have a file full of information about how to complete forms, PIP & mental health, appeals etc.  I found you on Facebook & glad I did x
    Gayle  xx
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @minibelle71

A very big welcome to you to our community.

It's great to meet you today !!!!!!

"Yes Yes Yes"

I'm currently in the same boat (SHIP) as you !!!!!!

Chroinc Pain 24/7, L have become a "Hermit" over night !!!!!!!!

Please Please let me know if I can help you ?????

"We Can Compare Notes"
  • minibelle71
    Options
    Hi Steve!!  

Its a hateful way to live especially with 3 children - even worse is the fact my disabilities are ‘invisible’ - I’m dreading review but I can only be honest & try x 
    Gayle  xx
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @minibelle71

Many thank's, yes it's very hard with the kids but we need to carry on for them. 

There's nothing greater than watched the kids be come little adults.

That in it's self is the "Best Medication/Tonic"

Yes i've gone through the "hidden disability's" mind you still are !!!!!!

Please please let me know if  can help in anyway ????

As they do say "two heads are better than one"

Many thanks.

Brightness