Not ready for new job — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Not ready for new job

Ian2005
Ian2005 Community member Posts: 4 Listener
edited February 2018 in Work and employment
Hi guys lovely to meet you i was got rid of from a job been there one year was full time was  called into office on a friday when everyone was going home looking forward to the weekend so i thought was told by the manager that im really sorry im going to have to let you go just dont think its for you i've never had a work performance chat never any warnings and recently signed a contract  i've gone onto universal credit but been suffering with headaches and panic attacks stress been to doctors  and they where really sympathetic towards me i've  gone onto lustral 50 mg for depression  and am getting sick notes.  I've been to my jobcentre and have been put on a twenty five hour job search a week if i apply for any jobs and get a interview my mind is just not ready 

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Ian2005

Welcome my friend it’s great to meet you this evening!!!!!!

I’m very sorry to hear about your current situation.

Please have a good look around are home page where you will find lots of very very good info & advice 

Please please let me know if I can help you further with anything???????
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Ian2005, and welcome to the community. Glad to have you with us.
    I'm not any kind of expert in employment law, but it does sound as if your most recent employer 'did the dirty' on you. I am sure other members with greater knowledge will be along in due course, but for now You could perhaps have a look at the link 'Employment issues, finances and ESA', https://community.scope.org.uk/categories/benefits-and-finances . I'm hoping you might find some guidance there relating to employment issues. There are, of course, lots of other resources here, many related to mental health. You might have a look at https://community.scope.org.uk/categories/ask-a-mental-health-advisor .
    Stay in touch, and keep us posted.
    Warmest best wishes to you,
    Richard

• Ian2005
    Hi phoned Acas today they are going to get involved as I Don,t like the way I was treated they are now a go between to me and my former. employer I can t let them get away with treating people like this 
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello again, Ian (I'm guessing :smile:) @Ian2005. Good to hear from you, and good to hear that ACAS are getting involved. Well done, you, for getting in touch with them.
    As I keep mentioning to newcomers, you're in a safe place here and very much among friends, so don't hesitate to share anything you would care to or to ask any questions. We're here.
    Warmest best wishes,
    Richard
  • Ian2005
    I yes moving forward in the long term going to refresh my forklift licences in a few weeks my meds are now kicking in I've suffered with depression from early 2000 been in a real dark place last few weeks just trying to avoid people feeling really low in my moods not knowing what I did wrong in my last job or why I was treated like I was warmest wishes Ian 

Brightness