Hi, my name is bingBangbong12! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is bingBangbong12!

bingBangbong12
bingBangbong12 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hello everyone I’ve not done this before. Don’t know what to say.

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi bingBangbong and welcome

You can say anything you like
    How about telling us a litle about yourself ?

CR
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @bingBangbong12 :smile: and a warm welcome to the community. CockneyRebel said it all really. You're in a safe place here, among friends, and the more you tell us the more likely it is we will find ways to help if you need it. Take your time, or jump in, it's entirely up to you.
    Keep in touch and take care,
    Warmest best wishes,
    Richard
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @bingBangbong12, and welcome to the community!
  • bingBangbong12
    Hello everyone and thank you for such a warm welcome . I’m 58 , married and have 2 children , . Girl of 31 and a boy of 27 . I suffer from osteoarthritis and fibromyalgia . I’ve had operations over the past 5 years on my hands and feet . But I feel very alone with it .  
  • JennysDad
    Hello @bingBangbong12 and it is good to hear from you.
    I've seen a lot of posts on the site from people suffering from fibromyalgia, so you'll find lots of conversations to get involved with if you wish to. A lot of those I've seen are in the 'Dealing with chronic pain' thread https://community.scope.org.uk/categories/chronicpain You might like to have a look.
    The key thing is that you matter here, that you're in a safe place and among friends, many of whom will be fellow sufferers. You don't need to be afraid of telling or asking us anything, especially if it will help us find ways to help and support you.
    I'm here, and listening, hoping that I can at least make you feel less alone,
    Warmest best wishes to you,
    Richard
  • bingBangbong12
    So sorry Richard for not replying sooner,I’ve been working up the courage to do it . Thank you for contacting me . I’ve suffered the fibromyalgia for 10 plus years , but having had 6 operations over the past 5 years on my feet and hands due to osteoarthritis as well. I’ve also recently had to take shorter hours at work plus a large pay cut , my mood is at rock bottom. I’ll get through it though . Sorry for babbling. Please do tell me about about yourself. Thank you again . 
  • JennysDad
    Hello @bingBangbong12 and it is good to hear from you. The apology is not so good because you have nothing to apologize for :smile: We're here - I'm here - to help, not to add any kind of pressure. And I don't see any sign of babbling either<3
    You are clearly going through an awful time and I admire you for even trying to cope with it.
    About myself? I'm a volunteer on here, sometimes offering a little advice but mostly welcoming those who are new to this. I am not disabled myself, unless one counts bouts of depression which, by and large, I've got past now. Found the right meds, retired (so I don't have the pressures I used to get from my job) and plodding along in various ways. In part I am here because I was father to and for four and half years primary carer for my daughter Jenny, who was massively disabled. I remembered the horrors that we went through during her short life and thought maybe I could do something to reduce the horrors of people who are still going through similar things.
    I am aware, too, that the system is failing - it was failing us routinely even when Jenny was alive, some 30 years ago - and in my own very small way I am trying to do something to help those on the sharp end.
    So I volunteered here and discovered that it brings me into contact with people I can respect, admire and even love. I know what loneliness is, how dreadful the helplessness can feel, and if I can do some little thing to take a bit of the sting out of either of those things, I'm only too happy to try to do so.
    I am very, very sorry that it takes 'courage' to write. You need your courage for so much else. But no-one here is going to hurt or judge you, especially me.
    The greatest honour you can do me is to consider me a friend.
    Here and listening.
    Affectionate best wishes,
    Richard
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @bingBangbong12

Good Evening & Welcome.

It’s great to meet you this evening.

I’m very very sorry to hear about your current situation.

I have had many health problems since 1998.

Unfortunatly I had to take early retirement when I was in my early 50’s.

Please please let me know if I can help/support you in anyway????

Brightness