Hi, my name is TeddyB27! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is TeddyB27!

TeddyB27
TeddyB27 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi.  I have just 'stumbled' upon this site whilst trawling my FB posts.  I have been suffering with a balance problem for 4 years following a fall.  I had exhaustive tests but was finally given the diagnosis that stress was the cause of the problem.  I really don't know where to turn for advice as it is quite a debilitating condition - I now use a stick to help keep my balance and have lost confidence so no longer go out alone.  I was working part-time before the fall but would not now feel confident to work.  I do have anxiety problems.

Comments

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @TeddyB27 and a warm welcome to the community. Glad you stumbled across us :smile:
    Thinking carefully, and focusing on the stress and anxiety, I think I'd suggest you try the Mental Health Issues thread/forum here, have a look at some of the conversations and resources and see if there is anything there that you find useful. Joining in is a good way to make friends.
    Other members will be by to say hello too.
    I'm also going to tag one of our more knowledgeable people here @Sam_Scope, who may have better information.
    Don't hesitate to ask us any further questions or to tell us a little more about yourself. The better we get to know you, the more easily we may find ways to help and support you.
    Very glad to have met you, Teddy
    Here and listening,
    Richard

• Markinsutton
    Markinsutton Community member Posts: 83 Pioneering
    Just wanted to welcome you and say HI @TeddyB27 Finding this community was one of the best things I have ever done. Great bunch of friendly people here. Plus loads of information 
  • TeddyB27
    TeddyB27 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thank you both for your kind welcome.  I will be looking at your suggestions Richard and hopefully find the info useful as Mark has obviously done
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @TeddyB27, welcome to the community! It's great to have you here. Just to reiterate what the others have said, please do let us know if we can be of any assistance. 

Brightness