Hi, my name is raymo69! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is raymo69!

raymo69
raymo69 Community member Posts: 10 Listener
i find that no one believes your in pain when you tell them so i tend to keep to myself when its up for discussion anyone else

Comments

• thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @raymo69   Pleased to meet you welcome.

Sorry you are in pain. This community we are friendly and supportive.

Anytime want to talk about how you are feeling.

Ready to listen, care and share.

Have you seen our posts on Chronic pain.

Please do not suffer.  When you are ready all of us in the community are here.

I am like yourself have pain every day. Please can I ask are you receiving support and help and advice how to deal with this.

Hope you can find the information helpful.  On threads and posts on Chronic Pain.

Take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Geoark
    Geoark Community member Posts: 1,463 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @raymo69 and welcome to the community.

Yes to some extent in my personal life. In most cases though because I try to just carry on where people do accept that I'm in pain they often do not understand the amount of pain I can be in.

At work it has been mixed. In general they have understood, but then have given me tasks to do which have made things worse. My current team are fantastic, as half of them have disabilities of their own. They easily pick up when I'm in a lot of pain without saying anything, and will stop me doing anything which is likely to aggravate my pain. At times it can  be a little agravating, but most of the time I do appreciate it.

As an individual I stood alone.
    As a member of a group I did things.
    As part of a community I helped to create change!

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @raymo69

“Welcome”

Its great to meet you this morning.

I have had “Chronic Pain” since 2005.

Yes it’s a constant “Battle” too “justify” what/how “Chronic Pain” effects us 24/7.

Because we have “Hidden Disablititys”  

They all think that we are all “fine”

Please please let me know if there’s anything that I can help/support you with?????
  • raymo69
    i dont think so Steve its life long thing, i was a gardener for 40 years thats where most of my chronic pain come from i have diabetes2 and painful neuropathy in my feet so with  all this going on i have depression and this from a man that used to run marathons, tennis, football climb munro`s etc it really is sole destroying and to beat it all i walk about like a zombie........happy new year eh

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @raymo69 and a warm welcome to the community.
    I don't want to give any of the careless and the thoughtless a free pass, but I think part of the problem is that we don't really have words that can convey pain. The most painful experience I can remember was when my appendix ruptured. I remember it was awful, but the word awful would be pretty meaningless, especially to someone who had never experienced it.
    There is no way that I can convey in words what it felt like.
    This is a problem with language when it comes to dealing with major issues, whether they are pain, depression, bereavement, the joy of being a first time parent.
    What matters, I suppose, is that there are those who can't be bothered even to try to understand.
    Warmest best wishes,
    Richard
    @JennysDad
  • raymo69
    thanks for that richard

• JennysDad
    JennysDad Community member Posts: 2,299 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @raymo. Just hoping it helps a little.
  • Ripples
    Ripples Community member Posts: 189 Pioneering
    I rarely mention pain though sometimes people will ask if I am alright because they see   it in your face or the way you move.
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @raymo69 I was going to add the amount of pain no one thinks anything wrong. On this community.

Understand we all share and care.

All of those who like myself have pain. Aches and muscle pain constantly.

Levels of pain and issues with it. I struggle on but know there are those who are fighting a battle every day.

My thoughts go out to them all the time. Dealing with this 

The most important person is you. Not what others think.

How do they know.?  Why should they know.?

Can come on here and we all of us support and give the necessary comfort or to ease the situation.

Understand being a gardener done a lot volunteering. Now looking after my own little herb garden. Which I can manage.

Take care

@thespiceman
    Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @raymo69

Scope
    Senior online community officer