Hi, my name is TuftyLindz! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is TuftyLindz!

TuftyLindz
TuftyLindz Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I'm 60, live in Wales with my hubby and our cats, I love crocheting and I'm doing as much as I can to exercise most days, including my first swimming lesson. I have osteoarthritis and live with depression and anxiety. On the outside I look well, especially since attending a three week pain management programme two years ago, there I became more positive and learned that exercise can help me feel better, even though it doesn't reduce my pain levels. Because I look well, many people don't realise just how much pain I'm in, to be in contact with others who suffer like me and can understand will be a relief.

Comments

• Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Hi @TuftyLindz,

Welcome to Scope's online community! It's great to have you on board.

It sounds like you've got some wonderful hobbies. I hope the first swimming lesson went well!

Feel free to have a look around - we have lots of discussions and categories which you can get involved in. Our dedicated page for physical and mobility impairments may be of particular interest to you.

Let us know if there's anything we can help you with!
    Liam
  • TuftyLindz
    TuftyLindz Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Thank you, Liam. I try to walk most days, do some gym work, aqua fit and I'm trying to get back on my push bike but the half hour swimming lesson showed muscles I'd forgotten I'm supposed to have!! 
    Making two baby blankets take the rest of my time.
    TuftyLindz
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Oh wow, it's great that you're getting stuck in to so many different things! I remember being taught knitting when I was younger and I loved it! Whilst it's not quite the same as crocheting I loved how therapeutic it was. :)

We have a lot of fun chats about activities and sports over in the Leisure and disability sports category, so be sure to pop in and say hello there, as it sounds like it might be right up your street!
    Liam

Brightness