Hi, my name is joan67! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is joan67!

joan67
joan67 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Hi all my name is Joan I have Ostia and rheumatoid arthritis I went from super fit to walking very slowly with two sticks I put on lots of weight and I have struggled to accept my disability.  It hard as you all no not being able to do the things you used to but I have a very supportive family 16 grandchildren and two great grandchildren so although I get very down I have a lot to be grateful for

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @joan67

Welcome to the community!

We are here for you, to offer support and a hand of friendship :)

Big family! You must be a busy nanny/great nanny!

Ami :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • joan67
    joan67 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi thanks ami that means a lot sometimes you feel as if you don't really want to talk to your family all the tome as I feel like a burden I am a busy nanny I love them all to bits
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi Joan,

I know exactly what you mean, but rest assured we are here if you ever need a rant or a chat :)

Between my fiancé and I have 10 nieces and nephews, ages ranging from 9 years old to 7 months old, almost got a football team haha! We love them all so much and it's the most wonderful thing to be able to watch them grow and blossom!

Ami :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Pippa_Alumni
    Pippa_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,793 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @joan67, and a warm welcome to the community- it's great to have you here! 
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @joan67 :)
    Scope
    Senior online community officer

Brightness