Hi, my name is hannahlaura! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is hannahlaura!

hannahlaura
hannahlaura Community member Posts: 2 Connected
I have been disabled since 2011, since then i have been stuck in my house, and since november 2017 i spend all my days alone and i have no visitors . I wonder if i will always be alone now.

Comments

• wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    @hannahlaura
    Hello and welcome to the community, you have made the first step to meeting and making new friends. Are you a regular user of the PC or iPad etc maybe you could join Facebook or Messenger and contact past friends that way. Or get in touch with your local church any denomination and explain your difficulties and maybe they have a house visiting group or even put you in touch with others in the same or similar situations. Keep us posted and keep posting your self.
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @hannahlaura
    Welcome to the community! @wilko has given some great suggestions to try out! Please let us know if we can help you any further :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • hannahlaura
    hannahlaura Community member Posts: 2 Connected
    Thankyou for your suggestions @wilko. I am always on FB and messenger but and i do chat with friends but since i have become ill they are few and the ones that are left have busy lives.
    I talk to my 2 brothers and my 26 year old son also but they are also busy. I am in contact with the church and other services but cut backs have made everything slow and long waiting lists.
    Im beginning to feel its me.
    Thanks anyway.
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @hannahlaura
    I know it's easier said than done but try not to feel that way, I'm sure something will come along soon! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • wilko
    wilko Community member Posts: 2,458 Disability Gamechanger
    hi I helped a person with information for their appeal which they won then they found me on messenger so we chat from time to time. There is a charity that has members who are vetted who call weekly just for a chat maybe you could google it.

Brightness