Hi, my name is GosportNancy! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is GosportNancy!

Options
GosportNancy
GosportNancy Scope Member Posts: 37 Courageous
Hi everyone. Just arrived via a Facebook promotion.

I am originally from Gosport where my GP visited me at home and pgoned me with test results. I have relocated to Eastbourne and am still housebound but it is a battle every time I speak to anyone from the GP practice as I am apparantly too young to have home visits :)
There are 10 types of posters on this forum, those who understand binary and those who don't

Comments

• Puzzled_and_scared
    Puzzled_and_scared Community member Posts: 9 Connected
    Options
    Hello GosportNancy and welcome. I'm also a Newbie around here, suffering with MH issues. Not sure I can really help, just wanted you to know someone is listening. Have you checked out any disability charities near you who might help you access your GP practice and help you win the home visits you deserve. Good luck!
  • GosportNancy
    Options
    Thanks for your reply, I have had no home visits from my GP nor asked for any since I relocated 4 years ago but it's a job and a half getting community nurses out for blood testing that the GP has requested. My husband is termanally ill and I am his carer. I also have health issues and can only walk a few yards outside. So it's not like I need help getting to the practice.I just think that GP practice staff should all be aware who are housebound. My nearest supermarket is a round trip by taxi (£10)...same to get to GP and when my DLA stopped I lost what independence I had outside the home.
    There are 10 types of posters on this forum, those who understand binary and those who don't
  • Puzzled_and_scared
    Puzzled_and_scared Community member Posts: 9 Connected
    Options
    You have a lot to cope with. I can only speak from personal experience. My ageing mum and I moved 2 years ago away from a strong area for NHS provision into a new area with appalling funding problems.

It has taken a lot of work to 'whip the surgery into shape' but we are slowly getting there.

When it comes to shopping I rely heavily on online shopping as I suffer with mental health issues. It is impossible for me to physically shop sometimes, so online helps a lot. Doubtless we are fortunate here to have computer and broadband to be able to do this.

Keep posting, everyone here seems really helpful. 

• Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @GosportNancy,

Welcome to Scope's online community! It's great to have you on board.

There's plenty of groups and discussions for you to get involved with. You may find our parents and carers category of particular interest.

You mention your DLA being stopped. How long ago was this? Did you appeal the decision?
    Liam
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @GosportNancy Welcome to the community! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • GosportNancy
    Options
    Hi @GosportNancy,

You mention your DLA being stopped. How long ago was this? Did you appeal the decision?
    My DLA was stopped last year in October when I was told that I could claim P.I.P.  I was turned down for P.I.P. and went for a Manditory reconsideration and was turned down again. So I took it to the independent tribunal and I was sent the full assessment report.Included was the comment that the DWP asked the judge to refuse an appeal, which they did.

I haven't any consultant reports to confirm how my disability affects me as the most recent consultant appointment was from a neurologist 1990 when I was told that all my symptoms were down to anxiety. The only medical condition written down that was mentioned in the full report is my heart failure. This was diagnosed in 2016 and I am still waiting to see a cardiologist.

I have filed another claim for P.I.P. and am waiting to hear back from the DWP
  • Liam_Alumni
    Liam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 1,101 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @GosportNancy,

Best of luck with the new PIP claim. Do let us know if we can help in any way. :)
    Liam
  • GosportNancy
    Options
    @LiamO_Dell Thanks. I'll be back when I hear back from the DWP.In the meantime I'll have a wander through the boards and see what I have missed :)

Brightness