No ESA reply for 6 months — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

No ESA reply for 6 months

Options
najdi
najdi Community member Posts: 9 Connected
I claim ESA support group more then 5 years
manteal health

i get my reassessment form about 6 month ago
i gave it to my DR he filled it send it back to them since then I heard nothing from them
i called them 
they said we have it 
we need to decide if you have to do face to face interviews or not

6 months now and no reply 
is this normal 
my money is coming as normally every 2 weeks
but has an realy worry about it and I keep thinking about day and night it’s makes my live  difficult 
i don’t know why I keep thinking they may watching me I stopped going out I changed my telephone and now I am thinking about  suicide I don’t have any one to turn to
as I don’t trust any one and this is part of my problem 
can you advice me please

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    HI,

Yes, this is normal. It depends on the backlog in your area. Most people attend face to face assessments, but a paper based assessment is possible.

You could also ring DWP to ask them what's happening, if a report has been returned to them and a decision's been made they will tell you. It's possible that a decision's been made and you didn't receive a letter.

They certainly won't be watching you so i wouldn't worry about that. As you're having those thoughts then i'd advise you speak to your GP.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • najdi
    Options
    Thank you Poppy
    I realy appreciate you reply 
    as I am  worried about it 
    thank you once again Poppy  for reliefing my worries 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You're welcome.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • traceyrhodes
    traceyrhodes Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    If you’re experiencing suicidal feelings please contact your GP. The CAB will be able to help you chase up  a response in relation to your ongoing ESA claim.
  • najdi
    Options
    Poppy
    I can’t call them I better Waite
     I think they will stop my money if I keep calling them

or they may Tell my DR  to send  me to the hospital for assessment 
    whatch I don’t want 

I think I will wait and see what happens 

thank you again for your advice 
    i realy appreciate it

• poppy123456
    Options
    You money can't stop unless they find you fit for work. You can't be found fit for work without a face to face assessment unless you fail to attend the assessment. Your money will always continue and you can ring as often as you want.

They won't tell your GP to send you to the hospital for an assessment because GPs don't decide who needs face to face assessments, it's the health assessment providers that decide that.
  • najdi
    Options
  • PTSDdisabled
    PTSDdisabled Posts: 41 Connected
    Options
    If you’re experiencing suicidal feelings please contact your GP. The CAB will be able to help you chase up  a response in relation to your ongoing ESA claim.
    The CAB were ineffective in assisting me, I sent the copies of everything I had sent to DWP, and Jobcentre Plus from January 2018, they didn’t bother contacting anyone until April 2018, then didn’t bother write back to DWP after I had provided evidence they were lying. M.P is ineffective, merely acting as a postal service between me and DWP.
  • sunnydays
    sunnydays Community member Posts: 36 Courageous
    Options
    Please do not worry, I had the exact same issue as your facing. I had a medical form that I had to complete and send back to Atos, which I did so. 2 years have past and still not a word from them and still being paid. Nobody is watching you and you must stop worrying now. X
  • najdi
    Options
    Thank you but why they don’t reply then?
  • poppy123456
    Options
    najdi said:
    Reply to what? The ESA50 form has been sent and they have 2 options, either a paper based assessment or a face to face assessment. Either way your ESA will continue until a decision's been made, unless of course you fail to attend a face to face assessment. You can also ring DWP because the decision could have been made without you knowing, especially if it was a paper based assessment.
  • Kittenpink23
    Kittenpink23 Community member Posts: 8 Listener
    Options
    Hi,
    I totally understand how you are feeling, my claim for ESA took eight months, it’s a total nightmare, I would let them know your new telephone number in case they have tried to call you, and call them daily , that’s what I had to do, keep a note of date and time the name of the person you spoke too.
    Hope that helps you.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Hi,
    I totally understand how you are feeling, my claim for ESA took eight months, it’s a total nightmare, I would let them know your new telephone number in case they have tried to call you, and call them daily , that’s what I had to do, keep a note of date and time the name of the person you spoke too.
    Hope that helps you.
    First assessments for ESA claims can take as long as the time it took for you. This thread is different and najdi is already in the Support Group and they are waiting for a re-assessment.
  • PTSDdisabled
    Options
    najdi said:
    They are inefficient! Have you written a complaint to The Customer Resolution Manager for your area? Your M.P can send them the letter via email.
  • PTSDdisabled
    Options

Hi,
    Hope that helps you.
    “call them daily , that’s what I had to do, keep a note of date and time the name of the person you spoke too.”

I tried calling the DWP, got the name of the office, person I was speaking to and looked date and time. The DWP deny receiving any calls, despite sending me text messages.

I have sent my letters to
    correspondence@dwo.gsi.gov.uk
    and got an automatic acknowledgement and they then contacted me to inform me they had forwarded my letters to the appropriate dept. 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.