Hello! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hello!

Options
katifer
katifer Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I just wanted to say hello!

A little bit about me - I have mobility issues and chronic pain caused by a lovely little rare disease called PVNS.

Comments

• CockneyRebel
    CockneyRebel Community member Posts: 5,209 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @katifer and welcome

I had to google PVNS, it sounds painful. Would you like to tell us a bit more about yourself ? or if you have any question feel free to ask away
    Be all you can be, make  every day count. Namaste
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Ui @katifer welcome to the community! Let us know if we can help you with anything :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • katifer
    katifer Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Options
    Most people do have to google it, including some health professionals!

I'm a part time wheelchair user. 
    I can still just about ride a bike - its less painful than walking. I'm only allowed to ride on my turbo trainer in the garage at the moment but I hope I will one day get my electric bike back on the road. 

I really enjoy baking and cooking. I'm trying to come up with super simple recipes with minimal prep as I cannot stand for long periods at the moment.

I'm still just about managing to work full time. I design and sell kitchens for a living so happy to try and answer any questions about accessible adaptations etc.
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @katifer, welcome to our community and thank you for sharing. If you have any luck with those recipes I'd certainly love some suggestions!
    I've never heard of PVNS before and also had to look it up, but if you're dealing with chronic pain, hopefully The British Pain Society or Action On Pain might be useful resources for you when managing it. We also have a chronic pain group that might be of interest.

Best wishes and I hope to see you around the community,

Adrian
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Sam_Alumni
    Sam_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,671 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome to the community @katifer :)
    Scope
    Senior online community officer
  • thespiceman
    thespiceman Community member Posts: 6,388 Disability Gamechanger
    Options

Hello @katifer Pleased to meet you welcome.

Thank you for joining and sharing.

I am one of the team of community champions who guide, advise and help new members who join the forum.

I am happy to say to you I enjoy cooking as well. I hope you will take some time to look at my recipes on the forum.

I am happy to also say please adapt them to your own ability..

I do use lots of tricks, tips shortcuts in anything I do.  Adapted them to my own disability.

Hope any of them help you be glad to share.

Please have a look around our website we are friendly.

Please ask if we can help and advise with anything some one will know from our team or a member of our community.

Please take care.

@thespiceman

Community Champion
    SCOPE Volunteer Award Engaging Communities 2019
    Mental Health advice, guidance and information to all members
    Nutrition, Diet, Wellbeing, Addiction.
    Recipes

Brightness