Inclusivity in the fashion industry — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Inclusivity in the fashion industry

emilyangold
emilyangold Community member Posts: 6 Listener
edited October 2019 in Research and opportunities
The fashion industry is become more diverse and beginning to cater for different body types, but the trend for being inclusive for people with disabilities is slow. I wanted to start the conversation on how retailers can do more for us in terms of product design and innovation to make our lives easier. What are your thoughts?

Comments

• emilyangold
    The fashion industry is becoming more and more diverse and inclusive to everyone, with retailers beginning to cater for people of different sizes but the trend for inclusivity for people with disabilities is slow. I wanted to start a conversation on how companies can do more for us in terms of product design and innovation, to make our lives easier and make us feel more a part of todays society. What are your thoughts?
  • emilyangold
    The fashion industry is becoming more and more diverse and inclusive to everyone, with retailers beginning to cater for people of different sizes but the trend for inclusivity for people with disabilities is slow. I wanted to start a conversation on how companies can do more for us in terms of product design and innovation, to make our lives easier and make us feel more a part of todays society. What are your thoughts?
  • emilyangold
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @emilyangold! I hope people engage with this. :)
    Scope

• emmarenshaw
    emmarenshaw Community member Posts: 710 Pioneering
    Hello @emilyangold welcome to the community. I would say the best thing that companies can do is to have disabled people on the projects, part of every stage of development. Consult and employ disabled people to get accurate designs, perspectives and innovations out there. Thanks for posting this and I hope more of our members share their thoughts on this.

Brightness

Disclaimer

Our website contains links to third parties’ websites for your information only.

We have no control over the content of those sites or resources and we don’t endorse or accept liability for the content of them.

Read the full Terms and Conditions and our Community House Rules.