Hi, my name is Littletinker! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Littletinker!

Littletinker
Littletinker Community member Posts: 2 Listener
Just saying hello looking forward to good interesting chats, let's talk about abilities as well as disabilities ?

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,935 Scope online community team
    Welcome to the community @Littletinker. How are you doing? Would you like to tell us a bit about yourself?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Littletinker and welcome to the community! :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Littletinker and welcome to the Community.  How are you today?  It is nice to meet you.  You have come to the right place for lots of friendly chat with great people so please feel free to look around the site and join in any discussions that you fancy.  If there is anything we can help/support you with then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smiley:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • madness
    madness Community member Posts: 13 Connected
  • Ails
    Hi @madness and welcome to the Community.  How are you today?  Would you like to tell us a bit about yourself?  :smile:
  • Littletinker
    Littletinker Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi All. Going through lots if tests at present it can get a bit depressing I'm fed up of it. It's as though everything has gone at once. Now my legs crumple underneath me with no notice. Neuro are looking into it. Antpyway dont want yo moan, we have all got something to Moan about and I understand if you want to.  I'm a retired through I'll health nursery nurse and Brownie and Rainbow Girl Guider. My life seems to have come to a stop where my voluntary works and hobbies are concerned. I'm looking to see now what I can do. ?  I loved making decoupage in 3d pictures and card making but I cant use my fingers for small work now. What hobbies do you do? I'm looking for ideas  x
  • Ails
    Hi @Littletinker and thank you for sharing with us.  I'm really sorry to hear of your health struggles and can appreciate how fed up you are with all the tests.  You do get to a point where you have had enough of tests, don't you?  I used to be a Brownie Guider too and worked with various units over the years and hoping to get back into it at some point.  Are you able to get back into it if it is something you enjoyed?  Is there anything in your area that you fancy getting involved with?  Sometimes you see notices in your local library for different things.  I do card making also and really enjoy it, but have never done decoupage.  I also do knitting and I like to read.  I also do Tai Chi which helps me with pain.  What are your interests and is there anything in particular you fancy doing?  I know how challenging it can be when you stop work and find that you can't do the same things as you did before, but I guess it is about re-adapting your life to find out the things that are suitable now.  Lots of people do different things on here as hobbies so I'm sure you will get plenty of hints.  We are a friendly bunch and I hope you enjoy your time on here.  All the best.  :smile:
  • Connie00
    Connie00 Community member Posts: 252 Pioneering
    Hello @Littletinker

My Name is Connie00

I am one off the community Champion’s here at Scope.  it’s really nice to meet you.

A very warm welcome to the Community. I can see we will have to keep on our toes with you now, yes we do a bit of moaning, a bit of groaning a lot of supporting and so much chatting what a lovely introduction from you, obs sorry to hear about your particular situation. never easy when you are so active, and then bang it's gone. still have no fear we are here. 

At Scope we welcome people from all walks of life, please feel free to have a look around our online community, and join in, we welcome new blood and would welcome your opinion. 

P.S I have a fair list of Disabilities but I do have more Abilities, probably not best to go into most of them on here ( if you get what I mean) LOL B)

if we can be of any assistance to you please don’t hesitate to contact us,

Enjoy the rest of your day

@connie00   :) 

Brightness