Hi, my name is joknight! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is joknight!

joknight
joknight Community member Posts: 3 Listener
I’m 46 I’ve been disabled for atleast 9 years I say atleast as I have a Terrible memory lol.
i have 4 grown children 2 sons who are disabled and still live with me and 2 daughters, I also have 2 grandsons whom I adore! And just been told by my other daughter she’s expecting too and it’s such a miracle we’re all so pleased, so I’m very blessed with my family.
im estranged from all my other family members except one older sister and my nephews so don’t have much support from anyone else it’s really just me and my kids. 
I have varied illnesses/disabilities whatever you’d like to call them so far they amount to about 15 odd health issues, I struggle everyday to get through and stay strong, especially living on the benefits system as I lost my motability car earlier this year when DWP stopped my PIP and decided to test my will power to live! Anyway I got put back on but on the lower rates which has been difficult again, but I’m still here, still going. 
Having a lot of problems with my hands at the moment and just had nerve testing done again, this time though I literally bawled like a baby it was agony so waiting on the results for that, if all ok then it’s off to a rheumatologist for me to see what else is going on. So long winded But Hi I’m jo nice to me you all ?

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @joknight and welcome to the community! An exciting time for you all with a new grandchild on the way! I hope your results come back OK, but regardless of the result, we will support you any way we can :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    It's good to have you with us @joknight. Please feel free to jump in and get involved. :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @joknight and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you and thank you for sharing with us.  Congratulations on the future birth of your next grandchild!  You must be so excited as it is lovely news!  I'm sorry to hear of your health struggles, but you sound like a very positive person.  You have come to the right place for friendship and support as you will find the Community to be a lovely safe place to chat with great people on it.  I look forward to seeing you on the forum and please let us know how your test results go.  If there is anything we can help/support you with then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • joknight
    joknight Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    awww thank you guys don’t know why I haven’t found this place sooner! Lol Yep I’ve already jumped in Adrian thx not one to sit by if I can lend an ear. And Ails your great thx will deff keep you updated on the hands situation unless I can’t type ? sorry had to say it .x
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    You are very welcome @joknight and thank you!  Glad we can be of help and you are enjoying your time with us.  Yes, please let us know how things go.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)

Brightness