Hi, my name is Ladywendyj! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Ladywendyj!

Ladywendyj
Ladywendyj Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I'm 57 and have fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue and a back and knee injury that will eventually mean I'll need a wheelchair permanently. Thank the lord for my motability car and my little scooter. Otherwise I'd be housebound. I try to stay positive although, we all know thats not always possible. I just think 'there are people in this world who have it a lot worse than you do. So quit the pity party' lol.
So hello everyone. Xx

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Ladywendyj - Welcome to the community. Thank you for your great first message as it always helps to be positive despite difficulties! Pleased to read you're managing to get out & about too. I hope you enjoy being here. Please do have a look around....you could use the 'All groups' link near the top of this page on the right. Please say if you have any questions, as someone here will likely have an answer. I look forward to seeing you around.
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Ladywendyj and welcome to the Community.  It is nice to meet you and I really enjoyed reading your introduction.  A great spirit and I'm sure you will make a very valuable contribution to the forum.  Glad you enjoy your Motability car and scooter.  I have a scooter too and love getting out and about in it.  I look forward to reading future posts from you and I hope you enjoy your time with us.  If there is anything we can help you with then please just give us a shout.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    A warm welcome to the community @Ladywendyj. Glad to have you with us! :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Ladywendyj :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019

Brightness