Hi, my name is Michelle — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Michelle

Cazyshell
Cazyshell Community member Posts: 3 Connected
Hi my name is Michelle but get called Shelly. I am currently 26 years old. I myself have recently been diagnosed with Sacroiliitis which is basically Arthritis in my spine and hips.

I have no children but do have 9 animals all recused or rehome. I am not married but am in a relationship with Matt who has Aspergers Syndrome we have been together 10 years. 

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Crazyshell

Good Morning & Welcome ??

I am one off a team of “Community Champion’s” on here.

Please please let me know if there’s anything that I can help/support you with??

@steve51
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,099 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Crazyshell - Welcome to the community & thank you for joining, Shelly. I'm sorry you've got sacroiliitis. Does heat or ice help? If it's painful, it sometimes helps to sleep on your side with a pillow between your thighs! I have sacro-iliac problems, & find these things help at times.
    Please have a look around & join in any of the discussions. Use the 'All groups' or 'Recent discussions' links a bit higher up & on the right to find other sections here. You might share some pictures of your animals in the 'Coffee Lounge.' See: https://community.scope.org.uk/categories/coffee-lounge

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,935 Scope online community team
    Welcome to the community @Cazyshell. :smile: What sort of animals do you have?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Cazyshell
    Cazyshell Community member Posts: 3 Connected
    Thank you @steve51 I will let you know if I have any questions at the moment having a nose around the site.

@chiarieds a heat pack helps slightly, just been put on injections to help with the pain and so far they are helping.
    I have a pillow under my knees that seem to help me sleep, thanks for the tip though 

@Adrian_Scope, we currently have, two black cats girl is Midnight then boy is Ryuk, three leopard geckoes Artorias (Arty), Alduin and Huffle, a Gargoyle gecko Gimli, a pac man frog called Jabba and two white tree frogs Nevvie and Niffie. 
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Cazyshell

No probs it’s my Pleasure ? 

@steve51
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,935 Scope online community team
    Fantastic names @Cazyshell! :smiley:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Cazyshell and welcome to the Community.  It is great to have you on board!  I really enjoyed reading your introduction.  You have some fabulous animals there!  You will find lots of us on here love our animals!  I have a cat called Christy.  You will find the forum to be a really friendly and supportive space full of lovely people.  I hope you enjoy your time with us and I look forward to seeing you here.  If there is anything at all we can help/support you with then please just give us a shout.  All the best.  :smiley:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)

Brightness