Hi, my name is Judonens! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Judonens!

Options
Judonens
Judonens Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi. ...I am a fit 65 year old with the beginnings of Peripheral Neuropathy...I have joined the forum to broaden my knowledge of this debilitating problem .My 85 year old mother can no longer walk because of PN...and her sister can barely talk with PN in the face..
I am surprised at the lack of knowledge out there regarding PN...hopefully this forum might provide some answers for me...

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Judonens - Welcome to the community & thank you for joining. Most of us have varying disorders, or care for a relative with them. I have a genetic disorder too which has a neurological component. So some of us may have some things in common we can share.
    I'm wondering if you've looked at the following website for general information as there are so many different types of neuropathy. Please see: https://www.hnf-cure.org/
    It's good to read your fit, as, again in general, exercise may help, & maintaining a healthy diet too is always good. As we're not medically qualified, all we can say is what helps ourselves with our different problems. Your GP or consultant is the best person to ask for further advice.
    Please do look around the forum & join in any discussions. It's always good to 'meet' someone wanting to find out more!

• emmarenshaw
    emmarenshaw Community member Posts: 710 Pioneering
    Options
    Welcome to the community @Judonens  ,
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi @Judonens. A number of our members have PN, so I hope you'll find the support you need here. :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness