Hi, my name is kirstyb! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is kirstyb!

Options
kirstyb
kirstyb Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I’m deaf and blind and would like to make some friends . I love to knit and I have five cats 

Comments

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @kirstyb and welcome to the Community.  It's nice to meet you and thank you for joining us.  You have certainly come to the right place to meet new friends and to receive lots of support.  We are a friendly bunch of people on here and I hope you enjoy your time with us.  That is great you love to knit.  I enjoy knitting too and have a cat also.  I bet your 5 cats are lovely!  Lots of us on here have pets and we like to share stories about them at times.  I'm sure you will make a very valuable contribution to the forum.  I certainly look forward to reading more of your posts.  If there is anything we can help or support you with then please just ask.  All the best.  :smiley:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • Abdi_Scope
    Abdi_Scope Scope Membership Team Posts: 268 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @kirstyb Welcome to the community.  :smile: I am Deaf and use British Sign Language. Have a look at my post about Being Deaf in the Pandemic , I would love to hear what you think and your experiences. Also have a look at the Coffee Lounge there are a lot of knitting enthusiasts there too !! Enjoy looking around
  • Brightsidebecs
    Brightsidebecs Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 88 Pioneering
    Options
    Welcome to the community @kirstyb it’s really nice to have you here. I’m one of the community champions here happy to help and advice and support you, so if you need anything please ask. 

I am a newly qualified counsellor and love reading watching tv and learning new things. 

Rebecca 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Great to have you with us @kirstyb. :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope

Brightness