Hi, my name is hazian525! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is hazian525!

hazian525
hazian525 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I am a 72 year old male with ankylosing spondylitis. Recently I have been getting pain between my shoulder blades and also getting a tight chest with shortness of breath. I understand that AS can cause the rib cage to give pain so I am struggling to do very much. I use a mobility scooter to get about as I can't walk very far.

Comments

• Ails
    Ails Community member Posts: 2,256 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @hazian525 and welcome to the Community.  It's nice to meet you.  I'm really sorry to hear about your current health issue and the fact that you are experiencing pain and struggling so much.  Have you discussed your recent pain with your GP?  I hope that the pain eases off soon for you.  I too use a mobility scooter to get about and find it a god-send!  

We are here to support you on the forum as we all have various disabilities/health conditions and we all look out for each other too.  If you need to chat to us anytime please do so as there will always be someone on here to listen.  I hope you enjoy your time with us and find the Community an useful place to be.  I look forward to seeing you on here anyway.  If we can be of any help/support to you then please just let us know.  All the best.  :smile:
    Winner of the Scope New Volunteer Award 2019.   :)
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @hazian525 - Welcome to this friendly community, & thank you for joining. I'm sorry that you're experiencing pain, & getting short of breath. I agree with Ails, that this is worth discussing with your GP. You should at least be able to phone your GP surgery to have a consultation that way.
    I hope that otherwise you're keeping well, & managing at this difficult time. Again, as Ails says, this is a supportive group of people here, so chat to us any time, & ask any questions you wish. It's very nice to 'meet' you. :)
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hello @hazian525. Sorry to hear you're in some pain, but I hope you're able to get in touch with your GP soon about it. In the meantime, you're more than welcome here. :smile:
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @hazian525

Welcome to our online community/family.

I’m of the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

By the looks of things you have already had some great info from the above members.

Please please let me know if there’s anything else that I can help you with???

@steve51
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome @hazian525 its good to have you on board and look forward to seeing you around the community 

Brightness