Hi, my name is Dkaveney1! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Dkaveney1!

Dkaveney1
Dkaveney1 Community member Posts: 8 Connected
I lost my wife six years ago after 40 years together and I lost my son just before christmas and my daughter is having an operation for cancer next week.I started having fits just before christmas which ment I have lost my only means of getting out as my mobility is not good so I am pretty much house bound apart from going to the hospital three time a week by transport for  dialysis. I have started having panic attacks and I think it is because I am so alone and I don't know what to do.Please excuse my spelling.

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Dkaveney1

Good Evening & Welcome it’s great to meet you today.

I am one of the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

Sorry to hear about your current situation/problems.

Please please let me know if there’s anything that I can help you with????

@steve51
  • Dkaveney1
    Thanks steve51,,it's nice just to be able to tell someone
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Dkaveney1

No probs my friend.

Please please contact me anytime if you need any help/support.

@steve51
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Dkaveney1 - I am so sorry to read what you've gone through, & your sad losses. I do at least understand the dreadful loss of a child. I'm sure you're understandably concerned about your daughter, & I hope her operation goes well. All of this, & your own health concerns must feel overwhelming.
    Please know that this community is here to support you in whatever way we can. Thank you for reaching out & joining us all. Please talk her any time, & let us know how your daughter gets on, & how you are too. My best wishes. :)
  • Dkaveney1
    Thank you so much for your response,,it was very welcome as I have never spoken to anyone about what has happened to me and the situation I'm in and I'm quite a shy person and don't make friends very easy but now I have said who I am  and the situation I'm in it will be nice to come on line and talk to people.I'm off to dialysis soon so it will have to be tonight but I look forward to it,,thanks everybody. 
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    Hi @Dkaveney1 and welcome to the community here. Please know you're always welcome to stop by and chat. We're a friendly bunch here and there's usually always someone around if you need someone to talk to. :smile: How are you doing today?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • Denise11
    Denise11 Community member Posts: 99 Pioneering
    Hello @Dkaveney1 Welcome to our community.  I am so sorry for your losses.  You must be a very brave person to want to make new friends after all you've been through.  I'm a widow, so know something about what you must be feeling.  We didn't have children so I can't know how you feel about that!  We are always here to talk to when you need to!  God Bless!  Denise11

Brightness