Hi, my name is cjbraiden! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is cjbraiden!

cjbraiden
cjbraiden Community member Posts: 21 Courageous
Hi everyone, missing my friends. It's been so long here alone.

Comments

• steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @cjbraiden

Good Evening & Welcome to our Community/family.

I am one of the Community Champion’s here Scope.

Yes this ongoing mess has been & is still a real problem.

You will find/make many many new friends on here.

Please please contact me if required ??????

@steve51

• cjbraiden
  • steve51
    Hi @cjbraiden

No probs that’s my Pleasure ???

@steve51
  • cjbraiden
    My weight is a real problem. I've been on medication for anxiety and depression most of my life. I was diagnosed with ASD last year, which was a relief. Suddenly all the pieces fell into place.
    I have balance problems occasionally due to the car accident I had. I've had my right leg screwed and pinned so exercise is difficult. 
  • cjbraiden
    I've found the isolation difficult. I haven't had to shield luckily but I hardly see a soul. If I'm lucky I get to chat to the shop assistant for a minute each morning. Hoping life can get back to 'normal' asap.
  • steve51
    Hi @cjbraiden

Yes I had a Stroke in 1998 & I have deteriorated ever since.

To the point where I am now wheelchair bound.

Yes I have had to isolate so home has been my home since March.

Please please let me know if there’s anything that you need?????

@steve51
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @cjbraiden - Welcome to this friendly community. I'm also not shielding, but haven't been beyond my garden these past few months. My son lives close by, but just comes into the garden. He works in a small food retail shop, so worries he might have come into contact with someone with Coronavirus. When the weather was better, my neighbours were often outside, so could chat to them. Some days pass where I haven't spoken to anyone, so I appreciate what you're saying.
    Tho I'm sorry you have ASD, I often feel that having a diagnosis really does help. Are you getting any help for your weight problem? I'm also sorry to read you were in a car accident, what did you fracture?
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,822 Scope online community team
    Hi @cjbraiden. Have you been able to keep in touch with any of your friends online?
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • cjbraiden
    edited July 2020
    @chiarieds
    I broke my whole leg in two, bones pierced the skin. I was lucky to have a top surgeon who managed to save it.
  • cjbraiden
    edited July 2020
    @Adrian_Scope
    I can keep intouch with my friends online, social media, video chat etc.
  • steve51
    Hi @cjbraiden

Yes that’s a good way to keep up to date with things.

If you need a “shoulder” please please let me know.

@steve51
  • cjbraiden
    Hi @chiarieds
    I was lucky as I wasn't contacted by my doctor and asked to shield.. 
    I'm just learning how to reply to posts on here. I have to type in screen names by hand, there must be an easier way?
  • cjbraiden
    edited July 2020
    HI @steve51
    I'm sorry to hear you've had a stroke and am now in a wheelchair. I could be heading towards that in a few years. My legs aren't too good, very painful walking down the stairs. I have balance problems and can suddenly lose my balance. Had TIA last year had no idea that the then PM was Theresa May or even a woman. Forgot my passwords too and couldn't access my bank account but I'm ok now have regained my memory. I have my moments though, forgot how to spell my daughters name, for 10 minutes. 
    I will get an appointment at neurology at some point, my appointment was cancelled because of lockdown. 
    I'm able to access the Intensive Team, mental health,  if I need to talk, they offer me support when I'm upset about anything or when I'm feeling lonely. 
  • steve51
    Hi @cjbraiden

Don’t worry, I had my Stroke (Brain AVM) in Spain that took my left side.

Following “Brain Radio Surgery”  I have now have “Chronic Pain” down my right side.

So I no longer have a “Good Side” anymore.

Yes “Memory/Balance” & much much more have been badly effected.

I had many neuro appointments from all over the country in a bid to get better.

Please please let me know if there’s anything that I can help you with.

@steve51
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @cjbraiden - It's good to hear from you. Sounds like you certainly had some bad fractures. My left hip has a plate & 2 screws as I fractured the top of my thigh bone 4 years ago, & that was bad enough!
    When you start to type in someone's username, it does try to autocomplete, but you have to make sure it's the right person, as many have similar usernames, so you need to scroll down to the right one. If it's the right one, click on it, then hit 'Enter' on your keyboard, & it will come up. Other than that, you seem to be managing well & have found out how to reply. :)
    Like Steve, I no longer have a good side, as far as my legs go, as I fractured my 'good' hip. I also have neurological problems associated with the genetic disorder I have, which has left me with generalised osteoarthrosis. We're sorry mortals aren't we? At least here on Scope in this online community we have great understanding, & prop each other up!
    I hope it's not too long until you get your neurology appointment, & it's good to read you have support if needed for your mental health too. Again, good to hear from you, & do please keep in touch. :)

Brightness