Hi, my name is Fuggle! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Fuggle!

Fuggle
Fuggle Community member Posts: 3 Listener
Hi guys, I volunteer at the Scope Charity Store in Twydall, Kent.At the moment I am in college, studying Counselling Skills. I Have just passed my CPCAB Level 2 in Counselling Skills and am about to start my Level 3 course. I reckon that I have another 3 years of college to go and then I guess I'd better find myself a job that pays!  :D 
I love volunteering at the shop and I love working with the team, as they are a dedicated bunch of utter lunatics and always make the store a fun place to be!  :) 

Comments

• male45
    male45 Community member Posts: 336 Pioneering
    @Fuggle hi there and welcome to the online community.
    Its great to hear you're volunteering at the scope store and enjoying the time there especially as you saying the folks with you are a dedicated bunch and utter lunatics lol.
    Congrats on passing your CPCAB level 2. I'm sure you're over the moon.the next few years will fly in and before you know it you'll have graduated and looking for work...wishing you the very best for your future and look forward to updates as you go
    Best wishes
    Best Wishes 
  • Fuggle
    Cheers geezer! ;) 

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @Fuggle!

Thanks for taking the time to volunteer at one of Scope's shops, it's much appreciated :) I'm glad you enjoy it so much.

Good on you for studying counselling skills! That's such an important skill. 

Feel free to take a look around the community, and let us know if there's anything you need help with. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • steve51
    steve51 Community member Posts: 7,153 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Fuggle

Good Evening & Welcome it’s great to meet you today.

I am one of the Community Champion’s here at Scope.

It’s great to hear that you work at one of the charity shops & that you enjoy doing it.

I do hope that you continue doing well at the college with your Counselling Course.

@steve51
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Fuggle - & welcome to the community from me too. It's great to read your college course is going well, & you've passed your level 2 in Counselling Skills, & that you're also volunteering in a Scope shop. I look forward to seeing you around the forum, & hope you enjoy being here. :)
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Morning @Fuggle I love your username! 

Another thank you from me for your volunteering in Scope's charity shop in Twydall.  Without people like you we would be lost, it's greatly appreciated.

Well done on your counselling course too.  I've just finished 5 years of study as a mature student so I'm always around if you want to talk about balancing study/life or stationery recommendations  :D

You might find our virtual Coffee Lounge a good place to start on the community.  We play fun games and talk about a varied range of things so feel free to join in.

Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Fuggle
    Hi Cher,
       Fuggle is my surname! I used to hate my name but now I see it as unique, and it fits my personality too. lol. So I use it as my username whenever I can.
      I might take you up on your offer about college. I have ADHD and college is a struggle for me at times. I have trouble with concentration and I procrastinate a lot, especially when it comes to homework.
       You say that you are a mature student yet you look very young in your photo! What Scope do you work at?
       I'll check out the Virtual Coffee Lounge and might see you there... Take care! ?
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    @fuggleNo problem, I'm happy to help with your study anytime.  Just give me a shout!  

As for you saying I look very young  :D I must have good genes, I'm in my late thirties!  I'm based here on the online community at Scope and started in early August so am still a bit of a newbie myself.

I hope to see you about the boards, have a lovely day! 
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Are you getting any help or support for your ADHD at the moment @Fuggle

I don't know if you've ever tried the Pomodoro technique, but it might help you to get homework done? There are lots of apps you can download that replicate the method. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • Chloe_Scope
    Chloe_Scope Posts: 10,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Fuggle and welcome to the community! Great to have you with us. :)

Have you been able to get in touch with disability support at your college? They might be able to put additional support in place.
    Scope

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Fuggle Welcome to the online side of scope glad you have joined us

Its great that you volunteer and will give you some good work experience that will go hand in hand with your studies

I too have just started to study again a Diploma in Criminology and I am a very mature student lol

I look forward to seeing you around

Brightness