Hi, my name is dogwoman! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is dogwoman!

dogwoman
dogwoman Community member Posts: 2 Listener
I am in pain most of the time , I have costochondritus and gerd .

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community 

Have a look around and feel free to join in or ask any questions 

I've not heard of your health problems before 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @dogwoman - & welcome to this friendly & supportive community. I'm sorry you have costochondritis as I've had the very occasional bout of it several years ago, & know how painful it is. I know about GERD, but haven't suffered that.
    Anyway, I'm pleased you've joined, as you may 'meet' others with your disorders, & sometimes it's just good to chat with others whatever their disability. Please do look around the forum, & join in. You might like to visit our virtual 'Coffee lounge,' which is a good place to get to know others, or look at the 'Recent discussions,' There are links to these at the top of the page. :)
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @dogwoman and welcome to our online community.  How are you doing today?

I'm also not familiar with costochondritus but have googled it and can see it's inflammation of the cartilage that connects a rib to the breastbone.  Ouch.  Are you managing okay with the symptoms you're experiencing?  Also, do you have a medical team taking care of you?  Please let us know if you need any more support.

As @chiarieds mentioned, it'd be great to see you around our community so don't be afraid of joining in our recent discussions or chat in the coffee lounge.

Speak soon and keep safe.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @dogwoman :) Welcome to the community. How are you getting on? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • dogwoman
    dogwoman Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    I'm not doing to well today , pain everywhere , ribs back sides and legs, the Dr will only prescribe me 1 co drydamol a day , I got down to 3 and was then going down to 2 gradually , he said to take paracetamol which doesn't  do any good , hubby went ant got me some paramol today so that has helped but that's a lower dose , I have never abused my tablets , if anything I've took less .
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @dogwoman - I'm sorry you're having such a poor day. It must be difficult getting pain relief as I imagine some meds would make your GERD worse.
    Does distraction help you? I ask as someone who has daily chronic pain which isn't much fun either. Sometimes the easiest things I find can help (at least take my mind off the pain!), such as listening to music, watching a film, or TV series you enjoy. You may also find some other ideas useful that Scope have put together. Please see: https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/75929/coping-with-stress-low-mood-and-isolation-a-support-thread#latest
    Scroll right up to the top to see the things to try. It's not just about stress, tho pain can be very stressful. Hope some of this might help. :)

Brightness