Hi, my name is MissA83! — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is MissA83!

MissA83
MissA83 Community member Posts: 21 Listener
I have Multiple Sclerosis and have found that all the help that is suppost  to be there for disabled people is not. I have found this because I have had to do alot of research for my Clinical Negligence claim. I do know what I am talking about regarding the law as I have legal qualifications and was looking for a training contract before I became ill with Multiple Sclerosis.
When I wasn't disabled I took life for granted now I have changed.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome glad you have joined 

Have a look around and feel free to join in or ask any questions 

I agree think we all take things for granted then boom it all changes and we have to come to terms with how our life has changed by becoming disabled 
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome @MissA83 ?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Richard09
    Richard09 Posts: 25 Connected
    Ok I look work for me
    Hi there Richard 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community  hope you enjoy bring on the community 

Look forward to seeing you around the community ? 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome to the community @MissA83

Disabled people certainly aren't given anywhere near as much support by the authorities as they should, and in some cases as they desparately need.

I hope all goes well with the claim.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @MissA83 - & welcome to the community. I'm sorry that you're having to look at clinical negligence, but pleased you are well versed in how to do so. I also hope your claim proceeds well. :)
  • Richard09
    Lockdown is on at moment 
    Hi there Richard 
  • Richard09
    On programme for 12 week after that can be on exiting couple off mouth on programme because .on the lockdown at moment 
    Hi there Richard 
  • Richard09
    Be look work because on lockdown at moment 
    Hi there Richard 
  • Richard09
    Because I be applying for job in Peterborough 
    Hi there Richard 
  • Lisatho11987777
    @Richard09 thst will be good then if you can get that job what sort of job is it ? 
  • Lisatho11987777
    @Ross_Scope why isn't any one talking to Richard09  he is on a couple of threads ? 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    We've been in communications with Richard09 @lisathomas50.

Welcome to the community @MissA83 :) How are you doing? We're glad to have you with us, and you're welcome to ask questions or seek advice and support whenever you need it. I also wanted to point you towards the MS Society's online community, just in case you ever wanted to chat with more people who know what it's like to live with MS. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • Lisatho11987777
    @Tori_Scope thsnk you I was worried ? 
  • MissA83
    MissA83 Community member Posts: 21 Listener

Thank you Tori_Scope for being so welcoming. I will go back to the MS Society's online community instead as you are discriminating against certain types of disabled people!

You are so rude!

• Cress
    Cress Community member Posts: 1,012 Pioneering
    MissA83 said:

Thank you Tori_Scope for being so welcoming. I will go back to the MS Society's online community instead as you are discriminating against certain types of disabled people!

You are so rude!

:o
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @MissA83 - I'm sorry to read you think there's discrimination against certain types of disabled people, & that we are rude. May I ask what has caused you to feel this way, as it's certainly not something that is tolerated here? I would appreciate you letting us know, so that it can be looked into. Thank you.
  • Cress
    Cress Community member Posts: 1,012 Pioneering
    I admire your patience and understanding @chiarieds
    I can only see the irony in the post of the op.

• Lisatho11987777
    @chiarieds the op has read what tori scope  saud wrong I think depends how you read it I can see the point of the op in one sense 

Tori scope welcomes the op then guides her to another site where tori scope says to talk to others with ms 

So the op has taken the view that people with ms aren't welcome  but as I said depends how you read it 

Tori scope was trying to be heloful
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @MissA83

Hope you're well this Saturday morning. 

Firstly I wanted to apologise if you interpreted Tori's comment as trying to drive you away from this community, I can assure you that wasn't how it was intended. We absolutely don't tolerate discrimination of any kind here and I'm sorry that you feel as though that's what's happened to you. 

In this situation Tori was just trying to provide you with a resource that will give you an option to meet other people who have the same condition as you. That doesn't in any way mean that we don't want you on this community, or that you aren't welcome, it is just a possible avenue in case meeting more people with similar experiences to you is something you want to do. 

Of course, you will still meet numerous people on this community who can empathise with you, and you with them, given that disabled people so frequently have experiences, thoughts and feelings that can overlap. This is a supportive and helpful place to be, and I hope you continue to get involved here :) 

Secondly, about the posts on this thread from Richard. I apologise if you feel as though these have distracted from the topic of your discussion in any way. Being a rather large community, with an occasionally confusing platform, we do sometimes find that posts can be made in the wrong place, most of the time it is completely accidental and isn't intended to de-rail the discussion. As Tori mentioned, we have been in touch with Richard to try and clarify the situation, so hopefully this won't happen again.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness