Hi, my name is Linzi — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Linzi

Linzims
Linzims Community member Posts: 8 Listener
Hi everyone, hope you’re all ok 

Comments

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Linzims and welcome to the community! I'm good thank you, how are you? :)
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • Linzims
    I’m ok, recovering from a bad day yesterday, but getting there
  • Ami2301
    I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad day yesterday but good to know you're getting there! Is there anything that we can help you with? A natter, any advice you need? :)
  • Linzims
    I don’t think so at the moment, it’s just nice to have somewhere if needed. I’m awaiting a decision from PIP mandatory reconsideration after it got stopped in July. 
    I’ve never been sure if I should class myself as disabled or not. My condition is getting worse and it’s hard to accept I guess
  • Ami2301
    It is difficult coming to terms with a new diagnosis/a disability. I think the hardest part to accept is what our limitations are now because of it, and trying to find new ways to adapt. It's normal to feel like this, we all have been through this or currently are going through it. Take it one day at a time, otherwise it will become overwhelming. We'll always be here for you and help you in any way that we can :)
  • Linzims
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome to the community from me too 

We are always here to help and support you when we can 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Linzims - & welcome to this friendly & supportive community. A disability is anything that means you are less able to do something than before, so don't worry about that. You have had some great advice from Ami, so all I will add is that is that yes, we will be here to support you if needed as far as your PIP claim goes, but we are here too to listen at any time as Ami says. Please use this forum to chat, ask questions, absolutely anything. :)
  • Linzims
    Thank you very much. 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello @Linzims

Welcome to the community, lovely to see you join us. I wish you the very best with your PIP MR. 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness