How is your day going?

Comments

• Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 57,134 Championing

Yes the ducks say different lol. They do sell duck feed but only in another area to be fed

• Marydoll5
    Marydoll5 Community member Posts: 561 Championing

Hi everyone

I voted and then my Mr son took us out for lunch to celebrate his dad's one year sober. It was lovely of him and we really enjoyed it.

Do you reckon it's the hurricane in the Carribean that is causing the strong winds? I think they call it the tail end.

@rubin glad you have picked up. I love mushrooms too. 🍄

Welcome to the new people, tagging isn't working for me!

We are packing up the car to go to Newcastle tomorrow yay!

• Sandy_123

Sounds great @Marydoll5 I'm not sure about the wind

• Sandy_123

Thanks @66Mustang it was nice having coffee there

• SunflowerValley
    SunflowerValley Community member Posts: 328 Empowering

Hi everyone, how are you all doing today? 😊

Hope everyone managed to have a reasonable night sleep. I'm afraid I didn't I was up every hour from 2am and gave up at 6. It was mainly also because I didn't want to ask for help and wake someone up in the night because then everyone would be up, I feel like a burden and a problem to my family sometimes, especially if I need them in the night. 😴😐️

| also feel sad today.

Has everyone had an okay day? 🙂

• Nicebrit
    Nicebrit Community member Posts: 179 Empowering

Sorry to hear you're sad today, gentle hugs. I've had two power naps today, seems to be like this everyday for the last couple of months, I'm having a CT scan as they think it's down to a kidney stone or other 😔 which I dread to think about.

Do you have an understanding family if you need to wake them in the middle of the night? I sure if they're understanding they wouldn't like to see you struggle.

• Nicebrit

thats great you going out for lunch 😊 love the photos of the Ducks 😊😊

• Sandy_123

Hi @SunflowerValley hope you feel better later

• Nicebrit

Hi to new members, I only joined last week so finding my feet still a bit. 😊

• 66Mustang
    66Mustang Community member Posts: 14,985 Championing
    edited July 4

@SunflowerValley @Nicebrit

I feel like that sometimes, being a burden and stuff, and always ask and my family always say that the only burden is when | keep asking if I'm a burden 😂

I know how you feel though, even if they say you are OK, it feels like you are putting on them when they do enough as it is

At the end of the day though they want to help you, and if you ask them for exactly the help you need it saves them just guessing what will help you and they can do exactly what you need instead of random stuff

• SunflowerValley

Thank you @Nicebrit, I have nearly fell asleep a few times today. Hope the CT scan brings good news. Yes, I have. My family say to wake them up if I need them but I still hesitate when I want to wake them up. They hate seeing me struggle.

Thank you @Sandy_123.

I feel the exact same way @66Mustang, I also feel like I stop my family from living their lives sometimes. I mean my mum can't work because she has to look after me so she is stuck in the house all day everyday, my mum and dad can't go on date nights incase I need them and I stop my sister from doing things, such as going on day trips, going on amusement rides and other things. I just feel in the way.

• Lou67
    Lou67 Community member Posts: 8,622 Championing

Hey everyone I hope yous have had a decent day I see some members have struggled and I hope things get better soon.
    I was out shopping with my daughter then went for a coffee, my granddaughter wanted to come here for a while so she’s here she had her dinner now she’s colouring in. Her mum will pick her up soon.

@Marydoll5
    Oh the weathers been crazy here heavy wind and rain one minute then a bit off sunshine the next. Oh that’s lovely you’re going away tomorrow again and a massive well done to your fiancée on his one year sober that’s a massive achievement.

@Sandy_123
    Oh sounds like you had a great day and the photos are brilliant.

❤️

• Sandy_123

Yes @Lou67 was a good day really, unplanned. I see you've had a good day too.

• Nicebrit

Thank you re the scan 😊 I have four grown up children who live away from home , also am raising my nearly 5 year old granddaughter, no matter what age, if they need me in the night (if they stayed with me ) I would rather they wake me, I wouldn't like to see anyone struggle.

It's turned really chilly here, have my hot water ready and heating up the bed nicely 😊

• Sandy_123

Your doing a grand job @Nicebrit hope you feel warm soon

• SunflowerValley

@Nicebrit You are doing a great job, especially taking on your granddaughter. I bet that she is so grateful for you. 😀

Hope you manage to warm up soon. 😊

• Nicebrit

Thank you 😊 can't let my bones get cold as then will really suffer, will be buying my heated blanket soon 😊

• Nicebrit

Thank you 😊 she is just awesome, I have 5 granddaughters altogether 😊 and they're all cheeky, funny, and cherished 💛

• SunflowerValley

@Nicebrit That is a great idea, i'm always cold 😂. Aww, I bet that can be a busy household. Although they are probably that cute that you don't mind 🤣🤗. I love children they are so playful and adorable little people.

• Nicebrit

When all 5 together it's havoc, I need at least two weeks to recuperate 😂

It's just me and my granddaughter at home, but it's so so quiet when she is at School, Six weeks of School holidays soon, with sleepovers and mornings out 😊