Hi, my name is tiger85! diverticular disease problems lasting much longer than usual. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is tiger85! diverticular disease problems lasting much longer than usual.

Options
tiger85
tiger85 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Hi I am seventy three years old and have had diverticular disease for many years.
i am now joining this forum as my present problems are lasting much longer.
I hope I will find some comfort from reading about fellow sufferers.
At present I am seven weeks and counting from my first symptoms. Had three visits to A&E and two CT scans. Normal temperature and slightly raised blood pressure average….. but high in hospital.
no infection showing but suspected inflammation of the bowel.
had two periods of liquid only five day treatments but the second and present one not relieving the pain.
clutching for straws now and considering trying to find a private doctor as the NHS is not working for me.
any advise welcome.

Comments

• Bashford61
    Bashford61 Community member Posts: 38 Courageous
    Options
    Hi, Tiger85 Hope you find the information you are looking for and am sorry you are not getting satisfaction with the NHS,  I have bouts of IBS & constipation nothing yet that has hospitalized me and Lucky for me prescription medication has worked touch wood. Hope someone here has some answers for you .  
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,322 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hey there @tiger85 and welcome to the community. :) 

I'm sorry to hear your problems are lasting longer than usual, but I'm glad you've been receiving medical assistance for it.  I don't know a great deal about diverticular disease, but hopefully some of our regulars will be able to offer some tips. 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.