Section 33 Environment Enforcement Letter- not looking for advice/ just need to vent anxiety — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Section 33 Environment Enforcement Letter- not looking for advice/ just need to vent anxiety

Options
worryworm95
worryworm95 Community member Posts: 14 Listener
Hello fellow Scopers! Sorry if this is the wrong category to post in, 
I got issued a Section 33 Environment Enforcement letter yesterday (Thursday 28th March), the letter is dated Friday 22nd March and I was told in the letter I had to respond within 7 days or face prosecution/ a fine.
I quickly wrote a letter back as requested (thanks to autism/anxiety I always open letters as soon as I pick them up, even if I'm on my way out), explaining myself etc and posted it recorded delivery straight after, however, there's a bank holiday weekend coming up and it probably won't be read until Tuesday, which presumably will give them grounds to prosecute? I have dated the letter Thursday 28th, I have evidence of posting it and whilst I don't have evidence the letter arrived late I have put on the letter when I received it and when it was sent.
BTW I did not intentionally fly tip, out of severe anxiety mostly I am a law-abiding citizen (except for the fact that I secretly love Genesis !) (Whoops!)
I have shared this to other forums as I'm extremely anxious , so please delete if appropriate!
Does anyone have any advice? I feel sick with worry,
SHABBAT SHALOM 2 my fellow Jews!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• MW123
    MW123 Scope Member Posts: 483 Pioneering
    Options
    Take a breath and don't worry too much. You've responded to the enforcement letter and sent it via recorded delivery, showing genuine effort within the timeframe. Given the bank holiday weekend, the letter might not be read until Tuesday, but proof of posting within the 7-day period should help. Your explanation and proof of timely response should be considered. Stay positive and distract yourself while waiting for a response.
  • worryworm95
    Options
    @MW123 thank you so much ! I've also sent them an email as I'm obviously keen to sort the issue out. Thank you again  o:)

• worryworm95
    Options
    I’m updating the post as I received two letters but only sent one response as I wasn’t aware ref numbers were different 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️ 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.