Tell us some boring news. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Tell us some boring news.

Options
Cher_Alumni
Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
edited November 2022 in Coffee lounge

There's intrigue in the mundane and so today we're asking you to share: what is something boring you've done lately?

Young toddler yawning

Emptied the kitchen bin? Run out of teabags? Bought a clothes airer? Cleaned the oven? Tell us. 

I'll go: I walked to the shop to post a parcel, but I'd accidentally deleted the digital label they needed to scan and send it. So I walked back home with the parcel. The parcel is sitting on my kitchen side still  :|
Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,112 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Did a full load of washing, then took it to the drying shed that has 2 big industrial driers near me for Park Home owners like myself. Went back after an hour having been distracted by chatting to a neighbour also waiting to use the driers.
    Presumed it was all sorted, opened the door only to find everything still soggy...then realised I'd forgotten to press the 'start' button, so had to pay again to get it dried! Got caught out by my son & daughter-in-law coming around to see me when going to collect my washing (again) so felt a complete idiot....
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 50,832 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Well....I bought a big box and put all the cleaning things in it from under the sink. Now the box sits under there with cleaning items in it.  :( very exciting 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,673 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    cut a rose bush down today, it kept "biting"back
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Luna51
    Luna51 Community member Posts: 283 Pioneering
    Options
    On my request, my poor husband cut back the trailing passion fruit above the windows and patio doors in our living room because it was so dark ☹️ and now it's much brighter 😃 However, I now realise that the plants were insulating the house and suddenly, it feels colder... 
    Oh dear.. 😅
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    edited November 2022
    Options
    Put up a fence and painted one of the new posts.

The paint is now dry everybody! 😃

(whilst in the garden I noticed the grass has grown again)

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,493 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    We had our annual gas safety check today. 

I'm going to buy some new shampoo and conditioner, too. I buy the big bottles as they tend to be better value, and also so I don't have to remember to buy them very often. 

I really do live a thrilling life!
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • Siwheels73
    Siwheels73 Scope Member Posts: 746 Pioneering
    edited November 2022
    Options
    I spent an hour and 35 minutes on the phone today, on hold, to try and get Peter Kay tickets AND FAILED. That was time out of my life I won't get back...
  • durhamjaide2001
    durhamjaide2001 Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 10,563 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Got locked in the tea room at work on Friday 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,493 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Oh no @durhamjaide2001! What happened? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • leeCal
    Options
    So after leaking taps and a plumbers bill I had a flat battery which needed renewing and now I have a slow puncture on the car. 

(I also noticed that the grass is still growing. 😮)

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• leeCal
    Options
    Thank you @Teddybear12, and yet I still bought a lottery ticket for tonight, I suppose I’m an optimist 🤣

― Dalai Lama XIV

• durhamjaide2001
    durhamjaide2001 Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 10,563 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    leeCal said:
    So after leaking taps and a plumbers bill I had a flat battery which needed renewing and now I have a slow puncture on the car. 

(I also noticed that the grass is still growing. 😮)
    Oh I'm sorry to hear that l@leeCal
    Tori_Scope said:
    Oh no @durhamjaide2001! What happened? 
    so I because the door was shut I couldn't get out because of my mobility problems so I was waiting for someone to come and get me. 

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I haven't been out of the house for over 2 weeks 
  • Sandy_123
    Options
    I have just made a cuppa
  • leeCal
    Options
     Got one number on the lottery. Had vegetable stock in a mug. 

― Dalai Lama XIV

• Sandy_123
    Options
    That don't sound too appetising @leeCal
  • bg844
    bg844 Community member Posts: 3,887 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I found 2p in my shirt pocket.
  • durhamjaide2001
    Options
    I have spent all my Christmas shopping yesterday 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.