Finding aids to support someone with cerebral palsy in his workshop classes. — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Finding aids to support someone with cerebral palsy in his workshop classes.

Options
sctc
sctc Community member Posts: 1 Listener
edited January 2023 in Cerebral palsy
Hi, I have a student (16) in college with cerebral palsy - right hemiplegia.  His right hand, moves outwards and he has very little grip with right hand.  He is an automotive student.  The issue we are having is he is unable to hold masking tape and tear a stripe off to put down on the car window, for his practical lessons.  He currently does it with support from his teacher or support worker but we want him to independently do it himself.  I am wondering if you know of any aids to support him in his workshop classes?  As someone with cerebral palsy myself, I want to to do anything I can to find a solution.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.  

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.