If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Benefits question

Options
Mellors
Mellors Community member Posts: 11 Listener
should i be claiming LCW for having a 3rd stroke ?

Comments

• Mellors
    Mellors Community member Posts: 11 Listener
    Options
    I have a perch chair in my kitchen that I have to sit in when making a cuppa, I have a intercom in the corner of my room with a button around my neck in case I have a fall, I have a shower chair that goes in my wet room so I can sit in when showering, I have a frame that goes over my toilet so I can sit more comfortably, I have a camode that sits at the side of my bed in case I can’t make it to toilet in time, I have a frame that goes under my bed mattress & sticks up on the side of my bed so I can pull myself up in a morning, I have carers that come everyday to check on me & I’ve been diagnosed as having vascular dementia 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 55,097 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    In a previous thread here https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/102777/hi-my-name-is-mellors-what-happens-when-lcwra-runs-out#latest you said you've already been found to have LCWRA and it "runs out" in April.
    As advised a few times on that thread LCWRA is an ongoing award and it doesn't just end. Your usual money for UC will continue until a new decision says otherwise. Reviews are still suspended, as was advised on that thread.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.