Hello — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hello

Options
Babettepayne43
Babettepayne43 Community member Posts: 3 Connected
Hi my name is Babette I live in the Camberley area and looking for friends please! I have epilepsy and I've just started my menopause.  I have a fantastic husband and 2 brilliant kids 1 of 16 and 1 of 11 . I've been trying to find work but unfortunately no luck so any ideas would be greatly appreciated. 

Comments

• Beaver79
    Beaver79 Community member, Community Co-Production Group, Scope Member Posts: 21,380 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @Babettepayne43 Welcome to the Community. If you have any questions please ask. What kind of job are you looking for? Have a look around and join in with us. Take care. 
  • Sandy_123
    Sandy_123 Scope Member Posts: 51,988 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Welcome from me too have you tried sites like indeed they have a good variety
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Hello @Babettepayne43 and a warm welcome to our online community, how are you doing?

I'm just coming up to menopause age, so you have my sympathy! How are you coping?

You might like to read a recent thread about @SupportToWork_Scope, their employment service and what steps you can take :) Is there any profession in particular you'd like to go into?

Take care and it's great meeting you! I look forward to chatting again soon.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Babettepayne43
    Options
    Hi Cher, I must admit it's not been great but especially as I have a family asking me to be happy and I'm not but it's all down to low mood . I've tried indeed for work but I'm also talking to talk+ so hopefully I'll get something from them . I've been a travel agent for about 29yrs but unfortunately due go covid ii had to leave the job .
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hey @Babettepayne43 I can understand, the pressure to put on a happy face can be unhelpful when inside your emotions and hormones are saying otherwise. Have you spoken with your GP about it? And if not, would you feel comfortable doing that?

Wow almost 30 years of travel agent experience! You are a catch for anyone looking to recruit :) Would you prefer home working to help maintain a good work/life balance? Here's a link to Scope's employment services for you to have a nosey at what we can offer in terms of support :)

Wishing you well, have a lovely Thursday.
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • Babettepayne43
    Options
    Hi Cher thanks for getting back to me I love travel but trying to get back into it is so hard now. I've spoken to the gp he said that I can do any job apart from scaffolding incase I had a seizure but I'm wouldn't want to do that anyway lol. I've passed my mental health 1st aid and young carers and people 1 and 2 so I could work in a school but we don't have alot around here. 
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,983 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    It sounds really positive that there is a wide range of opportunities available to you @Babettepayne43. Have you considered remote mental health roles or roles involving young carers and people?  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.