Will I still get ESA in 2024 or be axe — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Will I still get ESA in 2024 or be axe

Options
zane
zane Community member Posts: 155 Courageous
Will I be getting my ESA still in 2024 or the government axe it in 2024 ?

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,395 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    They are not planning on scrapping it completely. What may happen is anyone's guess until any further announcements are made.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • zane
    Options
    They are not planning on scrapping it completely. What may happen is anyone's guess until any further announcements are made.
    So I will still get it in 2024 ? 
  • poppy123456
    edited October 2023
    Options
    zane said:
    Yes of course you will. There maybe some changes in the future but no one knows exactly what may happen. (if anything)

Just to add further Income Related ESA is ending anyway because Universal Credit has replaced it. 

Unless you’re claiming Tax Credits you won’t be part of managed migration until at least 2028. Unless a change of circumstances prompts a move in the meantime. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,673 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    The changes that MAY happen won't be until 2025 which will be after the election, my advice is never worry about what might happen in the future.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• zane
    Options
    zane said:
    Yes of course you will. There maybe some changes in the future but no one knows exactly what may happen. (if anything)

Just to add further Income Related ESA is ending anyway because Universal Credit has replaced it. 

Unless you’re claiming Tax Credits you won’t be part of managed migration until at least 2028. Unless a change of circumstances prompts a move in the meantime. 

zane said:

I’m not claiming tax credits so esa won’t be affect until 2028 right please replace 
  • zane
    Options
    zane said:

I don’t get tax credit so it won’t be scrap for me until 2028 right ?
  • Ada
    Ada Scope Member Posts: 14,513 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I don’t understand what this is all about @poppy123456 does it effect me. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    That's correct, unless a change of circumstances prompts a move in the meantime. Contributions based ESA and New style ESA are not being scrapped. Those claiming the old contributions based will have their claim automatically transferred to New style.
  • zane
    Options
    That's correct, unless a change of circumstances prompts a move in the meantime. Contributions based ESA and New style ESA are not being scrapped. Those claiming the old contributions based will have their claim automatically transferred to New style.
    Hello I don’t get tax credit so I get esa so it won’t be axe until 2028 for me right reply please 
  • zane
    Options
    Hi I bit worried I  don’t get tax credit but get esa and pip will I get esa until 2028 or not or be axe next year need a answer 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Your question was answered on your other thread here https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/111405/will-i-still-get-esa-in-2024-or-be-axe#latest
    As I advised on that thread it will continue, unless a change of circumstances prompts a move to UC in the meantime.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    zane said:
    Hello I don’t get tax credit so I get esa so it won’t be axe until 2028 for me right reply please 
    I did answer your question in my previous comment here. 
    That's correct, unless a change of circumstances prompts a move in the meantime.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.