Autumn statement — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Autumn statement

Options
Andi66
Andi66 Community member Posts: 32 Courageous
I'm scared about these changes . I have autism,  joint hypermobility syndrome and now copd. I used to do part time work,  but I'll health this year had to leave. I got copd through my cleaning job.
I am scared stiff about this I get pip esa.

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,395 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    There’s another thread here https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/112187/the-autumn-statement-2023#latest

There’s nothing new been announced today that what was back in the Spring budget. We are none the wiser. 
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,322 Scope online community team
    Options
    Hi there @Andi66 and welcome to the community.  I totally understand your concern over the recent statement, but so far all we know is they're talking about Universal credit, so please try not to worry!  But we're all here to support each other if needed. :) 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • Andi66
    Andi66 Community member Posts: 32 Courageous
    Options
    Thank you  , they are so uncaring, working from home ,what jobs are available apart from IT, 
  • Albus_Scope
    Albus_Scope Posts: 4,322 Scope online community team
    Options
    There are a lot of work from home jobs that have nothing to do with IT, many office jobs are work from home now.   I'm also autistic with mobility issues, so I understand the struggle, I really do.  

The problem is many places are advertising positions as work from home, but they still ask you to go into the office twice a week. So it's a bit cheeky. 
    Albus (he/him)

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Opinions expressed are solely my own.
    Neurodivergent.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,673 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I think many of us/you can breath a sigh of relief the changes to sickness benefits it would seem are some years off for existing claimants and the good news is that from April benefits will increase by 6.7%.

2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.