Hi, my name is adcook! When will I receive ESA backpay?

adcook
adcook Community member Posts: 3 Listener

hi , new to this. Finding it all a bit overwhelming at the moment ! πŸ˜΅β€πŸ’«

Comments

• adcook

hello , wonder if anyone can advise me on time frame to expect to see esa payment into my bank account? Just been awarded back dated support from July and haven’t seen any money as yet. Don’t want to bother anyone by phoning in case it just normally takes a while to come in. Thanks in advance for any assistance

• Rosie_Scope
    Rosie_Scope Posts: 4,078 Online Community Coordinator

Hi @adcook, welcome! It can definitely be a bit overwhelming at first but I hope you'll find the community friendly and helpful!

Just so you know, I've popped your post into our ESA section where people can find it. You've done nothing wrong by posting where you did, it just means more members with the right experience can find you and share their thoughts 😊

How long ago did you hear that you'd be receiving back pay?

• adcook

hi , thanks for the welcome. I am sure I’ll get to grips with it all. I received the information on back pay about 10 days ago and it dates back to July 7th. I know about the 7 day waiting period so I think it’s a couple of months that I am waiting for which would come in handy right now as I have pretty much exhausted my savings over the past 2 years since I first became unwell. Maybe I need to be patient for a little while longer and just eke out the money I have left until the support comes to me.

• keats88
    keats88 Community member Posts: 63 Contributor

I received a back payment a couple of weekday ago ,,, I received a text message 10 days prior to getting it paid into bank