Hi I just wondered had you come across any children with fragile x syndrome — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi I just wondered had you come across any children with fragile x syndrome

Comments

• paulaciaransmum
    paulaciaransmum Community member Posts: 2 Listener
    Hi I just wondered had you come across any children with fragile x syndrome ? My son is being tested for it and it seems highly likely that this is going to be positive. I want him to fit into as normal a life pattern as he can but he struggles with social occasions, is very short tempered and I suppose could be described as very immature for his age. Do you know of any organisations who provide chaperones or carers that would help him to access clubs and things after school, he needs supervision at things like this more than what the person who is running them can give him. So many questions to ask that I don't really know where to start, Thanks
  • ParentingAdvisor
    ParentingAdvisor Community member Posts: 13 Connected
    Hello,

I'm familiar with Fragile X Syndrome and I advise you on how to help your son to become less upset his temper and behave more maturely. Is that something you would like? Unfortunately I am not able to answer your questions about chaperones or carers, but there are advisors in the Scope community who can point you in the right direction.

Best wishes - Noel
  • ScopeHelpline
    ScopeHelpline Community member Posts: 207 Courageous
    Hello
    Scope have some services that can provide a carer/chaperone to support children in after school clubs and activities. Unfortunately they are not a free service but can sometimes be funded by the local authority, and they do not cover all areas of the country. Please give the Scope Helpline a call or email and we can see if there is an appropriate service in your area: 0808 800 3333 or helpline@scope.org.uk

regards
    Scope Helpline

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.